Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Oh wow, nice, very nice indeed. I may have to be hitting up ebay soon to find another....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Oh wow, nice, very nice indeed. I may have to be hitting up ebay soon to find another.

TM found this for you. Nintendo Revolution:

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/6...g_2788923.html

Didnt see anything on it's specs though.

**EDIT** except for this quote:

During the hour-long event Iwata revealed that the Revolution will come equipped with wireless Internet out of the box, and be backwards compatible with GameCube titles, suggesting a continuation of their proprietary media format. With regards to the Nintendo DS, Iwata announced that subscription-free wireless Internet play will begin this year with the release of Animal Crossing DS.

Reminds me of a Sony DVD player I bought a few years back. I'm assuming from these shots that the controllers are wireless like the Xbox 360 and PS3. I'm also assuming they're finally going to full-size DVDs, which for RPG fans like me is nice. I'm curious though, whether the mini DVDs of the GC will be compatible. Backwards compatibility will make or break this system for me.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    I dont have ONE single console :'(

Hopefully I'll buy one when I get to save enough money, but still unsure which one to buy...
    That's a hard one, even for those of us who already have a couple. It depends on what you want to do with it, for instance if playing DVD movies out of the box matters to you, in the past the PS2 was a better deal than the Xbox because in order to play DVDs on an Xbox you had to buy a separate remote for $40USD and "unlock" the ability to play them.

The Gamecube can't play DVDs other than the mini-DVDs that the games for the console come on, unless you bought a special DVD player with GC hardware in it that was put out by Panasonic? IIRC. The logic behind this, according to an interview I read with a Nintendo rep, was that at the time they wanted to focus on playing games, rather than trying to be an all-in-one media player like Sony and Microsoft. The folly of "doing everything ok but nothing well" is evident IMO with the release of the Sony PSP.

As for this next series of consoles, I haven't seen enough real-world specs yet or a list of the games available so I can't really say which would be a better deal, if any. Until then I'm happy with my portables and 2 current consoles.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I have just spent the last 2 hrs reading over everything I could find on XBOX 360, and personally I am quite impressed by it. And, I am really looking forward to owning one. I havent read much if anything on PS3 so I am not in a position to say which is better. My XBOX serves not only as my gaming device of choice atm, but also my dvd player. The one thing that would really piss me off and possibly delay my purchasing one in November when it comes out would be if XBOX games did not play on the 360. That would be infuriating. Although the reviews I read say they arent sure if its going ot happen or not, I honestly can't see any console not having that ability. You might as well cut your nose off to spite your face. Just seems to me like an obvious bad call. Anyone else feel the same at least in that respect and for all consoles?

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I second that *YAWN*. I don't care if it can do my taxes while yodeling "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy", it's still made by Microsoft, which means I'm still not going to shell out my hard-earned cash for it.
    same here, i refuse to buy anything by microsoft, not out of hate but out of the simple fact that anything i buy from them is simply fueling them to make even bigger changes down the line, like they've now taken an interest in mobile phones, they just want to own everything.
    even if they started selling candy, on a matter of principle i wouldn't buy it, i do everything i can to make sure that these people play no role in my life.
    does it bother me that they're rich from selling an inferior proprietary product and that they piss on the parades on those who have no desire to become profiteering glutonists? you're damned right it does, and i'll be damned if i see the day there's a microsoft product in this house, apart from this xp disk, and my technical books about network infrastructure and directory services infrastructure don't count

Quote Originally Posted by JCaserta
    I havent read much if anything on PS3 so I am not in a position to say which is better.
    the ps3 will have a processor that runs in excess of 4GHz and can handle 10 instructions side by side compared to intel's current of 2, ibm have said that they'll release a computer based around the new processor sometime in the future

Ok so more scouring the internet and I came across this video which is supposedly from actual game play on a PS3. Quite astounding.

Click Here

Just Joined!
    Ok so more scouring the internet and I came across this video which is supposedly from actual game play on a PS3. Quite astounding.

Click Here
    Very impressive

Click Here
    Provided this is actual real-time gameplay rather than pre-rendered CG, that is quite impressive. The lack of a HUD and "Gran-Turismo-esque" cutaway camera angles make me sceptical however. If it is prerendered, it's still very good CG though.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast