Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Everytime I see your name I think of a Commodore 64......
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Everytime I see your name I think of a Commodore 64...

Linux Newbie
    This console is totaly pointless. can go out and buy pcs that are more powerfull and can do more than this thing will. besides it's made by microsoft and i hate them!
    Cry out for freedom! Cry out for Linux!

Having done some more looking around (on ign mainly) I must say, if I was impressed with what Iíve seen of the xbox 360 so far then what Iíve seen of the ps3 is just breathtakingly stunning. Have a look at this http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748480/vids_1.html

Iím not certain weather these are pre-rendered images or in-game shots but the graphics are awesome.
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I watched some E3 coverage last night on the Nintendo Revolution, and although they haven't blown me away with any software for it yet, one new feature that will probably sell it for me is backwards compatibility.

I don't just mean that the Revolution will play Gamecube games (it will) either; Nintendo said they're offering the entire game library for the N64, SNES, and NES to be downloaded to your Revolution to play. They haven't announced pricing yet, but if it's reasonable I'll be stocking up on my old favorites from each system.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

That is a good idea. it has been, at least imo, one of their biggest downfalls. Turning your biggest downfall into a strong selling point is quite an accomplishment.

i think ps3 will come out on top hardware wise. with its revulutionary cell proccessor and nvidia backing them up its gunna be almost impossible to beat them. the xbox 360 just doesnt seem to be too inovational. shure it has 4 wireless controllers, but ps3 has 7. and the new xbox is going yo be using powerpc chips wich arent realy made for gaming. its probobly going to be better a playing media than playing games.

also nintendo seems to be trying to sel us an external cd drive. i realy dont know what nintendo is doin with this whole "think small" aproach.

now as long as good games come out for ps3 i think the gaming comunity will once again chose sony as there favorite. however if the system and there games start to loose all there respect than i for one wont be investing in them
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Xbox 360:
    The hdd being removable is going to be nice, at least imho, will be like taking your whoel box with you. The way they have integrated Live with the box and controllers as well will be nice (light display notifying of msgs, etc) I think honestly my main reason for liking the Xbox over PS atm is the games. There are more games that are Xbox specific that I love than that for PS.

I haven't seen a single solitary next-gen game that I've been excited about in a long time (with the exception of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the GC), so my big draw so far is to the Revolution. Complain if you want that it's not ground-breaking or that its hardware is weak, but I like good games, regardless of how old they may be.

Nintendo is offering me a chance to get my favorite SNES and NES games again without having to dig through rummage sales and flea markets and pray the cartridge is still funcitonal. Until I see some games on the next-gen systems that really excite me, I'm looking to pick up a Revolution and keep my PS2 around for DVDs.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    xbox = cheap ass cpu, sorta like the mini. my dad got me one for christmas, i snuck linux onto it and o crap i erased the xbox, u know what i dont care. a 150$ cpu with 800mhz, big hard drive, and a big graphics card. it now sits under my tv as a nice dvd, cd, tv recorder, ect. personally i like the cpus for gaming, altho that stopped dead when i got linux. now i spend all my time on UT or some other game thats not exactly my favourite, but heck its not bad either.

for those of you interested in ps3 processor specs, goto this indepth review:
    http://www.blachford.info/computer/Cells/Cell0.html

Personally i buy a console for the technical specs first and then the games. But i cant wait for these next gen consoles to be released.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3