Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Because I know we all love micro$oft I thought it would be interesting to get your take(s) on the upcoming XBOX 360. Lots of info about it at http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/608/608394p1.html What ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Microsoft XBOX 360

Because I know we all love micro$oft I thought it would be interesting to get your take(s) on the upcoming XBOX 360. Lots of info about it at http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/608/608394p1.html

What do you guys thiink of what has been revealed so far. Are any of you planning to buy one or are you waiting for the PS3? I must say the specs of it looks absolutely amazing, 3.2 GHz PowerPC processor with 3 cores, wow!.

And take a look at some of the screenshots. Look at these unreal tournemant 2007 ones: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...31/imgs_1.html the detail is truly stunning.

I must say whatever I feel about MS's operating systems this xbox 360 looks impressive. Depending on when it is released in UK I may consider getting one. If the whole package (games, consle, accessories etc.) offer good value for money I don't see why my hard-earned cash shouldn't go in that direction, even if it is ms.
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Oh wow [yawn][/yawn] ... whats the point comparing a tri core 3.2 ghz cpu to a 8 cell system with total performance of a teraflop. heh, i know i sound like a die-hard sony fan, but imo the xbox-360 just dont cut it. it is nothing revolutionary... we'll just wait and see which system comes up as the superior one.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexK
    ... i know i sound like a die-hard sony fan...
    Yes indeed. And ayway, isn't that similar to what ms said about the xbox in comparison to the ps2 (i.e bigger, better, more powerful)? and we all know what happened in that fight.

I think it's much to early to tell. No way we can make comparrisons yet. All I was saying is that the 360 does look impressive in it's own right.

oh and btw, personally I would like to see sony come out on top
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

I think it's much to early to tell. No way we can make comparrisons yet. All I was saying is that the 360 does look impressive in it's own right.
    I agree, all im saying is that it is not revolutionary. And i think sony should come out on top, and it is a well known fact that every playstation runs on linux, the PS3 is no exception.

Heh, i wonder if xbox has bsod or something similar, i heard one happened to gates as he was demonstrating the next gen direct-x tools to some developers.

I second that *YAWN*. I don't care if it can do my taxes while yodeling "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy", it's still made by Microsoft, which means I'm still not going to shell out my hard-earned cash for it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    WGS84 phi = 45 48 31.7 lambda = 15 57 49.0
    Problem is that such LOD is possible only if you have HDTV, plain old TV is only capable of 768x576 of something like that...

Well I hae an XBOX atm, and as long as current XBOX games can play on XBOX 360 I will be getting one. Now keep in mind I also have a PS2, I'm just one of those that buy pretty much every console that comes out. Except for Gamecube I mean come on Pikman or w/e. lol. I like not seeing very many if any games come out that I can not play at home. So I buy them all. I wish that it wasn't M$ that was getting my money, but in the end what I am payng for is MY entertainment. Until a system comes out that can play all games from all consoles, I have to keep buying from Sony and M$.

Quote Originally Posted by JCaserta
    I wish that it wasn't M$ that was getting my money, but in the end what I am payng for is MY entertainment. Until a system comes out that can play all games from all consoles, I have to keep buying from Sony and M$.
    Well, whatever lets you sleep at night. Personally, my entertainment isn't worth sacrificing my integrity, and to me buying products from Microsoft is compromising my integrity. Laugh if you want, and buy whatever system you like, that's just my view. (Before someone brings it up, I no longer dual boot, even for games. Consoles work just fine along with the native Linux games I own.)

I have a PS2, Gamecube, GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, and a two-toned dusty SNES, and out of all that the only systems I've used regularly in the last 6 months are the Gamecube and the DS, for Animal Crossing and Super Mario 64DS respectively. My PS2 is a glorified DVD player.

I will have to be very impressed before I buy a console from this next generation. So far none of the games I've seen are impressive enough, and I have yet to see Nintendo's offering. Sony is beginning to lose my faith, and that's significant because every piece of home electronic equipment I own (more or less) is Sony. In the past it was a name that stood for quality. Recently it just stands for "use OUR format or else!"
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Sitting in my entertainment center is damn near a musem of consoles. Nintendo (the REAL one), Sega Genisis, Sega CD, SNES, DreamCast, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, and my XBOX. Like a moron I sold my Atari about 8 years ago. Regretted it everyday since. Next to the entertainment center is a very large bookshelf with nothing but games on it, too many to even consider naming. On weekends I like to go to GameStop and browse through the old Nintendo and SNES games for titles I don't have, pick up one , maybe two. Then come home and time travel back. What's truely sad are the times I look at the vast collection and think about how much money has been spent, and realise it's almost enough for a down payment on a house.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCaserta
    Like a moron I sold my Atari about 8 years ago. Regretted it everyday since.
    As in this Atari ?

(click here to see image)

Moderator Note: Linked image as it was too large to be inserted directly into thread neatly

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast