Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Hehe, I like the 'hot topics' on the right. Especially the one about invading Cuba...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hehe, I like the 'hot topics' on the right. Especially the one about invading Cuba
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Quote Originally Posted by Santa's little helper
    It is no longer there unfortunately.It was fun while it lasted
    It is still rather funny that it takes you to a US Treasury site... if you think about it....

Linux Newbie
    yeah that was funny. microsft plan to take over the world. its a win-win situation. (get it "win")

har har har har. I am curious how far M$ plans to go with their world domination. Already they span many many different fascets of consumer products, seems like every quarter they expand further. When will they have enough, or when will the government put the shackles on them and say no further...

Quote Originally Posted by JCaserta
    har har har har. I am curious how far M$ plans to go with their world domination. Already they span many many different fascets of consumer products, seems like every quarter they expand further. When will they have enough, or when will the government put the shackles on them and say no further...
    Well, we can only hope that the second time they get called into court for antitrust violations, something will actually be done. Either that, or they'll shoot themselves in the foot by flexing their monopolistic muscles (raising prices, controlling markets in different countries) and actually encourage people to look for other alternatives.

An interesting take on AntiTrust law can be found here. I can't say I necessarily agree with the author, but he presents the idea that free markets actually regulate against monopolies by themselves. He uses the example that if large companies like Boeing were to raise their prices (and Airbus, their main competitor, were taken out of the picture) then this would encourage consumers to find alternate means of travel and airline companies to use smaller or fewer planes, in the long run bolstering smaller companies like Cessna and hurting Boeing rather than reinforcing its monopoly.

If this logic actually *works*, then Microsoft is digging its own grave by buying more and more into every market they can find, because eventually customers are going to be fed up with paying the Microsoft Premium for everything and go searching for something better. Of course, those of us using Linux already know this, but I see us as the "first adopters" of the operating systems world, much like those who buy Hybrid gas/electric cars right now.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3