Find the answer to your Linux question:
when the computer starts and linux is beaing loaded, the computer restarts by itslef right when the UBUNDU symbol appears. It's being doing that everytime i tried to turn it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on laptop....help!

when the computer starts and linux is beaing loaded, the computer restarts by itslef right when the UBUNDU symbol appears. It's being doing that everytime i tried to turn it on.

yesterday it wss working great when linux was installed. the last thing the computer did was dowloading a movie using limewire over the night. next morning it was ok, and wes shut down. when i tried to turn it on again it started showing the problem.

please if anyone has any idea about this issue and how to solve it without having to reinstall linux.

Linux on Laptops on here is helpful I have had 2 reload the os servl times on m y desktop and laptop its a good way 2 learn to fix probs Bobkat

does it boot into windows/other distro/live cd's ok?
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Maybe a Mod can move this to the correct place?

theengineer,
    Can you be a little more descriptive? When you say it reboots, do you mean literally? Does it shutdown properly, then restart and do the same thing again? Does it just 'turn off'? Does the screen go blank? It would help to know exactly what it's doing.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude