Find the answer to your Linux question:
All; We have need to create a web site with a public area andan area only for users with a login/passwd. I want to also manage the logged in pages ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

web development help...

All;

We have need to create a web site with a public area andan area only for users with a login/passwd.

I want to also manage the logged in pages with respect to basic security such as a timeout feature that forces a re-login and dis-allowing non-logged in users from visiting a specific url in the users area without first logging in.

I want to keep it real simple and I don't want to write a boatload of cgi code that checks credentials every single time a link within the users area is clicked if possible.

Also, it's preferrable to use cgi but I'm open to something else if the ease of development/implementation is worth it.

Any thoughts ?

A couple of friends have made something similar... I know that they did it mostly in PHP.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Linux Newbie
    Not sure about your question but there's a lot of poeple over on http://www.webmasterworld.com/ that would have ideas.
    You dont need a pocket protector or thick glasses to be a geek.

Just Joined!
    Hey.. ive done things b4 basically exactly the same as u decscribe, i did it in ASP (the first thing i ever realy learnt).. i could wip up a real basic example if u wanted when i hava bit of free time (uni exams atm)..