Find the answer to your Linux question:
a friend of mine recently heard of me installing linux, and came across this article, naturally he sent it to me, and we both had a good laugh. http://www.adequacy.org/public/stori...2056.2147.html if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

funny article

a friend of mine recently heard of me installing linux, and came across this article, naturally he sent it to me, and we both had a good laugh.

http://www.adequacy.org/public/stori...2056.2147.html

if you're wondering why i posted it on linuxforums, just read until he starts talking about "lunix"

I read that awhile ago, the comments that that article received were pretty heated.

I thought it was funny though.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Banned

Re: funny article

Quote Originally Posted by Nodren
    if you're wondering why i posted it on linuxforums, just read until he starts talking about "lunix"
    That's cause it's all obvious a joke
    (I never understood why so many people reacted on it...)

PS: I think this has been posted before.

Just Joined!
    Cool. I cracked up as soon as he mentioned AOL.

Linux Newbie
    wow what an idiot.
    my responses corrospond with his top 10.
    1) wow neone who cant get past a kiddie blocker and is forced to live with one is a total moron. As soon as my dad put mine on (boy that sucked) i almost immediatly figured that i could use an IP address instead of a URL, and a proxy server to get around them.
    2) most "hacker programs" (the windows version of nmap, pretty much all the trojans, and almost everything else i can think of) does not install itself. its simply just a file.
    3) WOW. so aragant. even if they were made by children in third world countries id still buy an AMD. ill have to start a poll some time but im under the impression that AMD is more trusted than intel processors these days, expecially with the 64 bit. "delibriately disabling features". hmmm can you say celeron.
    4) hacking is not something u pick up a book and go thru step by step with a book. to me hacking is a self aquired art that is constantly expanding (it was only yesterday i didnt know nmap could scan multiple targets). Besides any what would a hacking manual have. How to download a brute forcer, send out 50 million login attempts, and get yourself nailed if your attack fails. o yea theres a bright one. since every computer is different it would almost be impossible to write a manual on hacking. what it really takes is a few days researching your target and its network, lining up a few good sploits, and wailing then all at the machine hoping that one lets you in so u can delete the logs. AND HOW ON EARTH IS PROGRAMING IN PERL A HACKERS GUIDE.
    5) DOSing. never heard of that one. besides using cheap programs to freeze other ppls computers takes no skill. i mean ne1 can type an NDoS line if they really wanted to.
    6) oooo help me i live in a world of seclution where everyone knows how to type change map into a console. ooooo.
    7) lol ive known how to hack (i like hacking my own network, to date i have not even attempted anything illegal. as a 14 year old its a bit early to screw things up, but with microsoft office class being manditory this year, a year of that might be just too much for me for 4 years now, and i have friends. and no theyre no there not a bunch of hackers, their just a bunch of kids obsessed with pissing of the school "authorities". (lol if your still in school a great stunt to pull of is to get some wireless speakers and place them in some random lockers. hook the subby (if its a 12 volt supply) up to 8 D batteries in series and just play music it randomly inbetween classes. me and 2 of my friends put in a 7.1 and it drove them nuts. theyd confiscate one at a time cause they could never figure out where it was coming from.).
    wow. for one thing if Linyos Torovoltos had programmed lunix for the USSR the govement would have taken it (basic principals of communism) and installed it on all the russian computers. if that were the case russia would have probally been many more times advanced than the US and probally still would be. And another thing "your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows". would that really be so bad?.
    9) LOL. if i walked around school like that id look like a gay geek with my linux bearing IPAQ.
    10) has neone heard of Otaku. i know its japanese anime that one of my friends likes, but ive never heard of Otaku. and i love the computer radiation.

ok i realize everything i said hear was blaringly obvious, however i just felt like sharing my oppinions. lol. i like what the other ppl have to say too

Linux User
    BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called "xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government. These programs are used by hackers to break into other people's computer systems to steal credit card numbers. They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone.
    Hahaha. This article really provided me a LOT of laugh. What an idiot
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

Banned
    that has been posted before

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Hahaha. This article really provided me a LOT of laugh. What an idiot
    Or a good joke

Just Joined!
    Hackers tend to dress in bright, day-glo colors. They may wear baggy pants, bright colored shirts and spiky hair dyed in bright colors to match their clothes. They may take to carrying "glow-sticks" and some wear pacifiers around their necks.
    LOL ...