Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by SCO Ive bought quake3 off ebay... What, your local game store didn't have it available for $9.99USD or less?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by SCO
    Ive bought quake3 off ebay...
    What, your local game store didn't have it available for $9.99USD or less?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

SCO
    Just Joined!
    Nope, here in the UK, old games and good games are more sparse. They only do popular and crappy games in asda (exact mirror of wal-mart). So I ended up buying it on ebay.

Nope, here in the UK, old games and good games are more sparse. They only do popular and crappy games in asda (exact mirror of wal-mart). So I ended up buying it on ebay.
    I feel for you. There's racks and racks of Quake 3-era games at our Wal-Marts and EBGames and GameStops, most around $9.99 or less. Some (like Morrowind) are worth buying. Others (like Barbie Horse Adventure) should never EVER be purchased, and arguably should never have been made in the first place.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

SCO
    Just Joined!
    It's kinda sad, because cedega doesnt work too well on my system, (15fps CS), I don't know if it's because I use PCI Card (GeForce FX 5200), or something im missing? I could buy alot more games then (WoW etc), without worrying about if it would work or not.

It's kinda sad, because cedega doesnt work too well on my system, (15fps CS), I don't know if it's because I use PCI Card (GeForce FX 5200), or something im missing? I could buy alot more games then (WoW etc), without worrying about if it would work or not.
    I've had hit-and-miss results with Cedega on my system with a Geforce 6800, so I wouldn't necessarily say your card is to blame (though PCI vs AGP does make a difference). Compatibility layers (like WINE and Cedega) aren't an exact science, but for some people they work passably.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

SCO
    Just Joined!
    Yeah, one of my friends over at linux-gamers.net, gets 100fps on CS, it sickens me . I still havent tried it with SuSE yet, but all the other distros Ive tried, it still runs like crap.

Just Joined!
    Well, from what I know, and have heard, the pupose of putting Linux on your XBOX is to run all the normal linux stuff on it, and thereby make it a normal computer. I don't think you can install normal programs on it, though, as it has a 128bit CPU, etc. But there are many ported programs for it; and distros, like Mandriva LE2005...
    The purpose of installing (or running) Linux on a Dreamcast seems quite non-existant, though.

Just Joined!
    linux on an xbox only works cos inside the xbox is just a "special" pc with optimised games. add modchip to take off the m$ preventions nd stuff nd away u fly

Still, call me stupid, but if you have a pc then WHY?!? Your Xbox, PS2, etc is for playing you Xbox or PS2 games, not other stuff. Thats what your pc is for.

Just Joined!
    Xbox can running any Linux OS will be without xmod then you will won't play xbox games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2