Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
GoodMorningAll, Ahh...??Question?? Maybe there is someone else in this world having a similar problem @ home. My girlfriend watches TV, but I can't stand it, unless its Jeopardy. Ken Jennings ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

For the love of a Frag!!

GoodMorningAll,

Ahh...??Question?? Maybe there is someone else in this world having a similar problem @ home. My girlfriend watches TV, but I can't stand it, unless its Jeopardy. Ken Jennings is going to win the Tournament of Champions by the way!! Woo0t.. Since she is in the living room watching TV, I will go ahead and get on my machine, and play a couple of games of whatever I am in the mood for, but then she will come into the office and raise hades. How is it that women think it is alright for them to watch TV and be bored, but when you exclude them and find something that you enjoy, they get mad at you?? LOL..doesn't make much sense to me.

Linux Engineer
    You're asking us how to help you understand a woman? It would be easier to explain the theory of relativity. (Not to mention, less hazardous)
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Because we're wired up differently. Your girlfriend wants to be involved in what you are doing. She appears angry because she thinks you're freezing her out in some way.

I've been in the same (or similar) situations. Talk to her, switch the TV off and take her out. Pay attention to her. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

Re:

lol...I take her out @ least once a week. TV ROTs the BRAIN !! Thats like me going up to her and saying " Hey, get off the TV, and come watch me frag some dudes" ???

Linux Engineer
    Then you two better find a compromise or she's not going to be your girlfriend much longer.
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

For what it's worth I don't like TV that much either. Life isn't fair is it? I would distract her with something... Maybe she'd enjoy a bit of fragging
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

Re:

LOL..it seems that all she really enjoys is the fragging. javascript:emoticon('')
    Laughing

I was gonna say it may help to find a game that you both enjoy and then you can play together!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCaserta
    I was gonna say it may help to find a game that you both enjoy and then you can play together!
    Exactly, my wife and I play MAME games together all the time. If it wasn't for those, she would be *****ing at me constantly to get off the computer.

Just Joined!

Re:

She used to be into the Ultima Online game, but not when I was with her. I think she just wants for me to be bored with her. ('')
    Idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast