Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
i noticed a file named something like linuxinstall.sh in the main install directory when i installed UT2004 on my Home computer (not the one metioned at the end of this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

UT2004

i noticed a file named something like linuxinstall.sh in the main install directory when i installed UT2004 on my Home computer (not the one metioned at the end of this message). Does that mean that UT2004 will install and work under Linux?

btw, UT2004 is very sluggish under my windows system even though it has decent specs
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

Linux Engineer
    I have heard that UT2K4 should work nice in linux, but I don't have the CDs so I never tryed... Try to install it, then you'll find out about it

It will install under linux (I've done the install, but not for quite a while). However, looking at the specs you have listed in your sig, I'm not surprised that the game doesn't run well. Your sig says you have a TNT2 and 128Mb of memory; that's pretty low for today's games.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Re: UT2004

Quote Originally Posted by Weedman
    on my Home computer (not the one metioned at the end of this message)

Re: UT2004

Quote Originally Posted by JCaserta
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedman
    on my Home computer (not the one metioned at the end of this message)
    missed that, sorry.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

ive done it before onredhat fc2 and with a gforce 5200. it worked well exept for the large outdoor enviorments, thats when it realy got slow. but other than that its perfect. if you have a 64bit proccessor there is a 64bit linux installer. something windows doesnt have
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin20
    if you have a 64bit proccessor there is a 64bit linux installer. something windows doesnt have
    Windows do have a 64bit version, but it's more like a "Windows BSoDeluxe"... I actually thought they were making a 64bit version for it to run smoother the 32bit

SCO
    Just Joined!
    Ive had games running in FreeBSD actually (UT GOTY, Quake 3) I love it when they release linux clients, because I can always get them working on my FreeBSD Box.

ive got UT GOTY, UT 2003 (slower than UT2004 by a mile) and UT2004.

they are all Windows versions except UT2004 (which im told is both Win and Linux)

is there any modifications that i need to do to UT GOTY to make it work under linux (except maybe to get Wine working)
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

SCO
    Just Joined!
    No just download the loki installer, and your all set.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast