Find the answer to your Linux question:
have you ever just had one of those days where you are sorry you even turned on the computer? it used to happen all the time in windows, but in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

one of those days

have you ever just had one of those days where you are sorry you even turned on the computer? it used to happen all the time in windows, but in linux this is not so common. but today... well, let's just say that my computer is acting like it has a mind of it's own. god, the clock is wrong for no apparent reason, thunderbird takes twice as long to open and uses way too much sistem resourses ("building summary file for inbox"?), one of my favourite web pages is having some trouble, no interesting distros on distrowatch...

it's just one of those days...
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

ya, just yesteray i find that firefox went back to the way it was like a month ago (old history and loss of extensions/themes) plus i often find my clock an hour behind???
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Banned
    you must have the wrong time zone settings
    one of the stages is to set the cmos clock
    if you are say gmt
    and u acceddently set it to something else
    it will put the cmos clock forward or back so many hours

as for firefox
    it doesnt display my favourites as late.....
    lol duno why

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    put the timezone in as EST and i think firefox is acting up because it wants me o do a long awaited update.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!

Re:

Yeah..check the BIOS settings, and also you may need to replace the CMOS battery..It could be going faulty causing you to lose time.