Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using mozilla at the moment on my laptop via a anolog modem. I'll update my ongoing newbie story tomorrow, but I'm finally on. Now my gui learning really starts...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    flw
    Linux Engineer

short update on linux and my laptop

I'm using mozilla at the moment on my laptop via a anolog modem. I'll update my ongoing newbie story tomorrow, but I'm finally on.

Now my gui learning really starts
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Hehe, Bet you where well happy. Do you know what it was or did it just work?

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Changing distro's in this case didn't change anything, but using old hardware did. I located a 3Com Noteworthy Modem PCMCIA card, both disto's saw it because the modem has a controller on it. My new built in winmodem is still dead to linux but that is a non-issue now for me.

Yes I was not able to get a linmodem working but that's not as important as getting on the net for downloads of updates etc..... And a pic of something easy on the eye's would be ok

I kinda took the easyway out but after Redoing my dual boot multiple times and trying every suggestion, tut here and a "Linux Bible", I gave into what I knew would work. This has been true for all hardware resolutions I've done in the past. Just use older or at least not new hardware. Since this is the first desktop linux box I've done, I wanted it's full abilities not just txt mode. I've never had the need for gui or the correct video drv or sound as long as the nic worked.

But now I'm off to being the long road of understanding the gui's and one last hardware issue . Its not a show stopper but I'll leave that for another post.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"