Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like my post on page 2, the recent versions of windows have just been upgrades to their crappy browser. From what Ive seen of longhorn, it looks like a new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    SCO
    Just Joined!

Like my post on page 2, the recent versions of windows have just been upgrades to their crappy browser. From what Ive seen of longhorn, it looks like a new winxp theme to me.

Linux Guru
    Maybe bill could have me back yet. Jebus himself knows that I'm paralysed with excitement whn I hear the words....

Jin-rai-kyaku-sho-ryu-ken-sho-ryu-reppa-aaaaahhhhh-shin-ryuuu-ken
    That has just inspired me. Any of you dudes wanna collaborate on a SF theme for KDE? I can start blagging system sounds immediately!

Mouth Had-ou-ken!! uke:

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa's little helper
    Quote Originally Posted by Workaphobia
    TCPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Workaphobia
    decent
    Uhh, I can't establish a semantic contrast in a sentence without getting an eye roll? TCPA falls under the "evil" part of my statement, while the others are closer to "decent".
    \"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces.\" - Sluggy Freelance

Just Joined!
    A PIII with 256M RAM and (say) 40G drive would outperform the IBM monsters that once worked out the US tax system. Somehow, the goodies we want seem to have bloated the code a bit. I haven't begun to stretch a Athlon 2.5XP (Barton) in the stuff I want it to do. Opterons, Xeons etc would be wasted on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey1
    A PIII with 256M RAM and (say) 40G drive would outperform the IBM monsters that once worked out the US tax system. Somehow, the goodies we want seem to have bloated the code a bit. I haven't begun to stretch a Athlon 2.5XP (Barton) in the stuff I want it to do. Opterons, Xeons etc would be wasted on me.
    I'll second that. my trusty old pII 233mhz with 64mb ram and 4gig hdd can run open office, mozilla and a chat program nicely. whats the point in having such a behemoth that uses all them 's worth of hardware to achieve something very similar?
    fine it may be glitzy and pretty but i dont think thats going to be a good enough reason for me to pay microsoft any of my hard earned cash.
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Linux Newbie
    I totally agree... My Athlon XP 1700+ with 768DDR is not going to be upgraded anytime soon because there is no actual need for it... I might change my old GeForce 2 video card with something more powerful due to my gaming habits, but as sure as hell, I won't do it for a M$ OS
    You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

Linux Newbie
    I can't wait to send Bill another $99 for another buggy upgrade.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4