Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by budman7 Not so sure this counts as a hack, but When I was going to school to get my computer repair education, there was this kid who ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    Not so sure this counts as a hack, but

When I was going to school to get my computer repair education, there was this kid who brought in his own computer everyday. And he was really annoying, he would ask questions on how to get his game working, or something stpid and totally off-topic.
    And he asked me how to fix something on his computer, and I told him to bring up fdisk, and select the third option, and delete the primary partition.
    This kid had no idea why his computer wouldn't boot up after that.
    Damn he was annoying.
    i came |<-->| close to doing that the the "1337357 haXx0r" in the school, but he was on a mac... don't know how to do it from macs

one day he left his computer, without a password on (he's too 1337 to need passwords ), and in 30 seconds a LiveCD was running, and he had no idea how to get it off

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Krendoshazin
    to hack something is to make something do something it wasn't designed to do
    I've used TCP/IP in WinWoes

Just Joined!
    one day he left his computer, without a password on (he's too 1337 to need passwords Rolling Eyes ), and in 30 seconds a LiveCD was running, and he had no idea how to get it off Twisted Evil
    Muhaha, I once had a annoying homophobe in my class, he also never locked his computer, so when he left, I totally messed it up, I set his colour layout to purple with pink, some big half-naked bodybuilder as wallpaper, the new homepage for IE was too horrible for words, and the best thing is, he couldn't remove it by himself, so I had to help him.
    He had no idea it was me who screwed up his comp...

Linux Engineer
    funniest one yet! You should do it over and over again to the guy
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Muhaha, I once had a annoying homophobe in my class, he also never locked his computer, so when he left, I totally messed it up, I set his colour layout to purple with pink, some big half-naked bodybuilder as wallpaper, the new homepage for IE was too horrible for words
    He he ... he deserved it That sounds like something I once did to my housemate when I was a student. He got drunk one evening and he was incredibly rude to me (a very dangerous thing to do).

My other housemates and me had a meeting and came up with a plan. We broke into his room and copied his desktop wallpaper onto a floppy: a picture featuring his friends and him on holiday in Dublin!

We doctored the picture, downloading a shot of David Hasselhoff holding a small child's hand on some island or other. With a bit of surgery, we superimposed my friend's head (he's still my friend!) onto the child. The crowning moment was layering Mr. Hasselhoff's hair onto this new head - Snap on superstar hair!!

He saw the funny side, and never bothered me again I saved his life once, but that's another story ...
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

it may not be a hack but it is funny

here in trinidad, by Substituting 574 for your area code, (example if your phone number is 888-1234 you dial 574-1234) you can get the phone to ring after 30 seconds. i had my sister scampering for the phone on many occasions.

Linux Newbie
    its not really a hack, but i made a 12v batter pack out of 8 D batteries. the lockers that we have all have a little gap on either side of the top that u can fit little pieces of paper thru and really piss ppl off. it just so happens that 7 of my friends all share lockers in a row. with my 12v battery pack i was able to hook up a 7.1 and cd player (havent been successful with finding ne 7.1 cds, but 5.1 can be emulated). all year weve been working on the thing, we each have a remote that we can use to activate the speakers, and weve replaced the cd player with a DVD player and put a tiny little screen in there. (in the middle locker).

Just Joined!
    Recently I wrote a lovely little perl script to let me rename a whole bunch of things with one extension with another extension. Can't remember why I wanted that but now I have it!

Usage: chext newext file1 [file2 file3 file4 ...]
    where newext doesn't have a dot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3