Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
i love Australia has anybody been on holiday to Australia? (for those who live in Aust. where is your favourite holiday spot?) i live in Tasmania, i love to go ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Has anybody been on Holiday anywhere in Australia?

i love Australia

has anybody been on holiday to Australia?

(for those who live in Aust. where is your favourite holiday spot?)

i live in Tasmania, i love to go to St Helens (main Scamander) to take a breather from this world (even though i live in south Tas in the country).

peace and quiet is all i have to say about the area that i live.
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

Linux Engineer
    Always wanted to visit or even move to Australia myself. Not exactly sure why, but it has always appealed to me from childhood...possibly from the Crocodile Dundee movies, I know that these have nothing whatsoever to do with actual Australia, but they initiated an interest in a young boy that has persevered to this day. Every that I know who has ever been to Australia has loved it, and the Aussies that I know are some of the nicest people that I have ever met. My father has been on frequent business trips there and has always loved it intensely. Thinking about trying to get a job there in the future...possibly the near, but currently have to contacts or ideas on how to go about it
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Linux Newbie
    i moved from australia when i was 10 (4 years ago, i get to go back in 2 months tho). when i was 8 we rented a 4 wheel drive and went thru the desert to kalgoolie, alice springs, and a few other middle of nowhere towns (no offense). that was probally the best holiday ive been on, however i like the beach way better. im from perth, the most isolated capital city in the world. its also one of the nices placed i know of. when we moved to america (its cold up here) we went all around the world, the only place that i might be able to live with would be indonesia. everywhere else ive been is either land locked or the waater is too cold.

Just Joined!

Re:

I have heard that Aussy chix are cool.. Was that a false statement?

Hmm, I live in Sydney and the best holiday spot i have been to in australia is Jindabyne (its a bit like aspen for you north americans, though it is nowhere as expensive). It was so quiet and peaceful as i went before the peak winter rush and it was the first time i had seen snow.

Im thinking of coming to tasmania either during my summer or winter university holidays. In your opinion, at which time of the year is it best to visit Tasmania?

Quote Originally Posted by superdan7
    I have heard that Aussy chix are cool.. Was that a false statement?
    You wont know until you've met one

Linux Enthusiast
    I don't think I would like to visit Australia.I imagine it must be pretty
    uncomfortable being upside down all the time.I mean doesn't the blood
    rush to your head and everything ?

Quote Originally Posted by Santa's little helper
    I imagine it must be pretty
    uncomfortable being upside down all the time.I mean doesn't the blood
    rush to your head and everything ?
    we seem to manage by walking on our hands, or when we are too tired, kangaroos transport us around the place

Just Joined!
    can anyone give me money to go australia?

the best time to visit Tasmania (If you want to) is summer because we are in a really cold winter.

oh, dont forget, every place has bogans and Hobart has thier fair share of them
    (ok, you dont see them at all)

Lets face the facts:

Hobart people think that Launceston is a hole

and Launceston people think that Hobart is a hole (i think..)

if you do come to Tassie, Definatly go up to Scamander. It has the best beach ever (in the summer that is).

also the Huon valley (where i live) is quite cool but it has a fair few bogans in it(again, you dont see them. hardly)
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

ok so summer holidays it is. and by the way, whats a bogan?

dont worry about Launceston people thinking hobart is a hole, i know some mainlanders who think tasmania is not a part of australia. and on a tv show i saw once, people seemed to think tasmania was another country.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast