Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
My 2 cents from onlinebacon Very well said. Good Job....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

My 2 cents from onlinebacon
    Very well said. Good Job.

Just Joined!
    As a general rule of thumb healthy kids wont try to get high because their brain is already operating at max efficiency so a good way to keep your kids off drugs is by keeping them as healthy as possible. The best way to keep kids healthy is to make sure they dont eat/drink fried foods, junk foods, sodas, white flour, high sugar foods and dairy (yes dairy is bad). You also must make sure their vitamin and mineral intake is high by feeding them wholemeal foods, fruits and vegetables(most nutrients are in vegetables catagory).

Linux Enthusiast
    I doubt that people want to get high because they are not healthy.My guess is
    they are completely unrelated.

And what's wrong with dairy products ? If they don't have a lot of fat
    they should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Gamer
    ...dairy (yes dairy is bad)....
    I was raised on dairy products. They do have their own spot on the healthy food pyramid do they not? If they're so bad, wouldn't they be off the pyramid? Everything in moderation of course, but I personally see no reason to stay away from dairy, particularly if it's 2% or otherwise reduced fat. The American Heart Association recommends that we all eat a variety of foods, not leave out certain ones (such as the Atkins fad diet). Link Here
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I think the reference to dairy is *maybe* to do with hormones that are fed to cows, but I am only assuming being as though RPG_Gamer hasn't stated.

I agree with what he says regarding foods, but would also like to add that there are always going to be people with a predisposition to addictive drugs-whether it is alcohol, cannabis, herorin, nicotine or whatever. A parent can try & persuade their child not to try drugs and give them all the logical reasons why it will not be good for them, but if the child *needs* drugs, they will get them. There is nothing that the parent can do to prevent this from happening.

Just Joined!
    The reason Dairy is bad is because the Milk comes from cows who are fed cheap food that results in unhealthy cows which require anti-biotics to stay alive. The cows also have hormones injected into them to make them grow faster. All these anti-biotics and hormones come out in the milk which is then pasteurized (heated) which is known to destroy vitamins/minerals and promote the occurance of free radicals and carcinogens. The Milk is also unecessarily Homogenized which just mixes up the fat with the milk which makes it unhealthier. Finally due to transportation, storage, selling the milk etc, the milk you buy is about several weeks old. If on the other hand you have access milk from a healthy cow that is untreated and fresh, then you may drink that raw milk as it is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Gamer
    The reason Dairy is bad is because the Milk comes from cows who are fed cheap food that results in unhealthy cows which require anti-biotics to stay alive.
    If on the other hand you have access milk from a healthy cow that is untreated and fresh, then you may drink that raw milk as it is healthy.
    So what do you recommend we do for our daily recommended dose of dairy? Move to a farm? I'm sorry, you can complain all you like about how "unhealthy" store-bought dairy products are, but that doesn't change the fact that most of us simply *can't* do any better.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    you can complain all you like about how "unhealthy" store-bought dairy products are, but that doesn't change the fact that most of us simply *can't* do any better.
    Well I don't think RPG_Gamer was 'complaining', just trying to educate us! In the UK we do have the option of buying 'Organic' produce, which includes milk. To be deemed 'Organic' there is a strict criteria, but i can't give you any examples right now, but I think it includes the cows not being fed articifial hormones etc.

Quote Originally Posted by petergriffin
    Well I don't think RPG_Gamer was 'complaining', just trying to educate us!
    I see it as complaining, because I have yet to hear the proposed alternative that everyday people have to using these supposedly "bad" products. Unless a viable one is offered, this is no different than saying "the sky is falling!" IMO. That's not entering into the fact that I've seen no convincing medical evidence that the dairy products most of us have used our entire lives are in any way harmful enough to warrant such a switch, even given a viable alternative.

To put that more succinctly, why should we care?

**EDIT** Given the nature of this thread I think it's necessary to inform you all that I'm in debate mode, which means I will probably sound standoffish when I'm really just trying to spur the other person into explaining their view more thoroughly. Please take that into consideration before responding.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    i drink organic milk from the amish country...problem solved, though a 1/2 gallon is the same price as a gallon, although for health for me its a must, I drink 2 gallons a day...hmm kids huffing computer cleaner to the dangers of milk
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast