Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I hear a lot of those come from Russia This may be true, but ask about the return policy before you purchase....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I hear a lot of those come from Russia
    This may be true, but ask about the return policy before you purchase.
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521

Linux Engineer
    [quote="GNU_man"This may be true, but ask about the return policy before you purchase. [/quote]You can never know for sure... Also, if Wife breaks, will they repair her/it for free?

autstart daemons

I’ve been running Wife 1.0 for quite some time and I’ve noticed an additional drain on available resources caused by an autostart daemon running under the name of kid1.0. The combination of resources being consumed by wife1.0 and kid1.0 has left other processes, particularly LadsNightOut 3.1 and Football 4.5 with no CPU time whatsoever. The start up of process kid1.0 has seems to have caused yet another autostart daemon called dog1.5. This daemon really chews up my processor and causes memory leaks. I guess you could say its crapping all over my system. I’d really like to find a way to kill daemon dog1.5.

A friend of mine has a similar lack of control over these auto start daemons. He’s up to kid5.0. He seems to think it’s being caused by a problem related to his hard drive.

If this software had been open source, maybe I would have realized how many resource upgrades running it would require.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Well I tried typing that in on the console and I got this message:

I** Running command “killall dog” for pid dog1.5 will start pid “penitentary -dur=6 -pop=general” enter Y to run command “killall dog”

Not sure what that means so I think I'll run a backup first

Linux Newbie
    Ohh this is good. Myself I read the 'man' pages for wife1.0, before installing. Very helpful with the following switches: -verbose, -tv 'gimme the !@$ remote! -ph! 'I'm on the @#$@$ computer don't touch the phone!'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2