Find the answer to your Linux question:
I took the liberty of creating a group on seti@home for these forums http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team...?teamid=116327 The software can be downloaded from setiathome.berkeley.org Donate your PC idle time to a good cause. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Seti@Home

I took the liberty of creating a group on seti@home for these forums

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team...?teamid=116327

The software can be downloaded from

setiathome.berkeley.org

Donate your PC idle time to a good cause. Browsing around the net uses minimal pc power so please use the rest for SETI or other good causes
    Very funny scotty - now beam down my clothes

I joined, but as I type I am not visible yet
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Linux Newbie
    I've been thinking about joining something like this for a while but I never really bothered to look into it. If the account creation process isn't that involved (i.e., not a big commitment), I'll download it.
    \"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces.\" - Sluggy Freelance

Quote Originally Posted by Workaphobia
    I've been thinking about joining something like this for a while but I never really bothered to look into it. If the account creation process isn't that involved (i.e., not a big commitment), I'll download it.
    nope, just an valid email address
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Linux Newbie
    Perhaps I'm just dense, but I can't find any screensaver, interactive opengl GUIs, or documentation for the boingmgr application (besides a tiny wiki page). Anyone have a link?
    \"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces.\" - Sluggy Freelance

Linux Newbie
    I joined ages ago but I havn't run the software for a while, I have rejoined as my computer is on all the time and the bandwidth and CPU power needs using up.
    The biggest security threat is the user.

Linux Newbie
    I've only had this thing installed for 24 hours and it's already annoying me. After reading this thread on the setiathome forums, I think I'll be removing the client from my machine and deleting my account after it's done with its current job. Apparently the developers can't be bothered to make a decent linux release - what I have installed right now has a buggy minimalist GUI, low speed, next to zero documentation, and no three dimensional graphics (which of course, makes the entire thing worth giving away my CPU power )

Linux Newbie
    http://www.pperry.f2s.com/boinc-compile.htm

You can optimize BOINC for linux

remember it is not about speed or the points it is about helping others.
    Very funny scotty - now beam down my clothes