Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
a12ctic=arctic heres a alphabet a=4 b=13 c=( d=|) e=3 f= |= g=6 h= ]-[ I= | j=? k= |< L= |_ m=/\/\ n= /\/ o=0 p=9 Q= ? r=12 s=5 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

a12ctic=arctic heres a alphabet

a=4
    b=13
    c=(
    d=|)
    e=3
    f= |=
    g=6
    h= ]-[
    I= |
    j=?
    k= |<
    L= |_
    m=/\/\
    n= /\/
    o=0
    p=9
    Q= ?
    r=12
    s=5
    t= -|-
    u= |_|
    v= \/
    w= \/\/
    x= ><
    y= '/
    z= -/_

That stuff reminds me of the BBS days back in the early 90's. I remember BBS'in on my Amiga 500 after i got my very first modem. It was 1200 buad - can you imagine??? Even then it was considered slow. The average was 2400bps but alas i was poor. . Anyway, the mixed caps lock thing & constructed letters like Dragon = |)rAgOn were very popular in the demo scene and pirate BBS's. The difference was that there was no graphics or HTML so people _had_ to be creative with plain text.

>sigh< memory lane....
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521

i would not be able to remember that alphabet. one alphabet is enough for me.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Bought a 400mhz celeron pile of crap back in 99 with windows 98 installed, I used 98/ME/XP untill 2003 when I heard about Linux. Year later I bought a new computer, had a spell with Windows XP, then the Linux bug bit me again, since then Ive used over 15 operating systems, FreeBSD and Debian were my favourites. So now I use Debian.

you say your distro is Sid which one is that again?
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1

Linux Newbie
    It's the unstable branch, I upgraded because I heard they started packaging gnome 2.10. I was wrong, so when I ran apt-get dist-upgrade, it broke most of my system and screwed up gnome.

(Don't touch sid unless you know what your doing... )

heh heh same thing happened to me when i was using RH9. I installed apt-get and when i did an dist upgrade, GNOME was FUBAR after that! I had to boot KDE or else no Linux. I afraid of dist-upgrade :P
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!

Linux Newbie
    Yeah I get mentally screwed up without gnome, I can't stand KDE.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey112
    i would not be able to remember that alphabet. one alphabet is enough for me.
    ya, i kno it from being a hardcore gamer for several years, most people dont remember the whole thing... (i just have to much time) and you can usualy tell what stuff means (sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jam
    (Don't touch sid unless you know what your doing... )
    I never had any problems with sid. However, I always change to sid the first thing after installing testing
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast