Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by cayalee we've got an ipod at home and when we have people round we have a party playlist and just leave it on playing through the stereo, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cayalee
    we've got an ipod at home and when we have people round we have a party playlist and just leave it on playing through the stereo, plays the list we made of songs by stevie wonder and diana ross and the likes.
    What kinda parties do you host??? :P

cayalee hit the nail on the head in her definition tho, it's just to help choose what you want to listen to. You don't necesarily have to use them.

we've got an ipod at home and when we have people round we have a party playlist and just leave it on playing through the stereo, plays the list we made of songs by stevie wonder and diana ross and the likes.
    not the type of party music i was expecting, but whatever works for ya. my party music consists of some bob marley, sublime, pepper, etc. reggae is the only way to go for my kind of parties.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Well, let's look at, for example, my MP3 player (the iRiver H320):

I organize my files in the following: Artist --> Album. Therefore, if I want to listen to an album, I just go to that album and let it play all the way through.

But let's say I have a special jumble of songs (for example, "Pagan Celtic Tunes"). I can make an m3u file (playlist) and the iRiver can read it and play those songs. No need for special organizing.

With XMMS, it works similarly. I currently have the entire "Herzeleid" album by Rammstein in my playlist. There's even a button to add a directory, which I easily do.

I find playlists useful, especially if I'm in an eclectic mood.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Play list are a good thing.
    When my wife comes home my music just changes on its own she swares. When she goes away I put my play list on by mood. If she makes me mad its heavy metal, sad its blues, happy its heavy rock/punk, try to impress then we are off to the soft stuff.. bla.. what ever makes her happy and what ever makes me feel better.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2