Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Sorry it didn't work out for you. If you come across a situation again where you might try to convert someone over to linux. May I recommend setting there machine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sorry it didn't work out for you. If you come across a situation again where you might try to convert someone over to linux. May I recommend setting there machine to boot off the CD and burn them a linux live CD. Even if they find they don't like it at least you didn't go through the bother of reinstalling just to reinstall again. Ive found the live CD's to be a great tool for software troubleshooting and just to show off linux to potential newbies.
    If your interested here is a site with a slax version. It's quite nice really, you can add moduals to the image. I've setup one with firefox and GIMP on it and it works great. It's a little slower than installing a version on the HD. But this version has some multimedia applications on it already and is great for general surfing and email.
    http://slax.linux-live.org/

Just Joined!
    pyloth, I just read that and thought "jeez I'm an idiot" I can't believe I didn't think to do that. Thanks for the idea.

Just Joined!
    No problem a "cluster" of minds is better than a single processor. ;@)

Just Joined!
    if your trying to get newbs hooked on linux, check this out:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-45580.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2