Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by budman7 As for purchasing it...anyone here know of a place that will ship CD's/DVD's to Canada? I would prefer a place here in Canada because it would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    As for purchasing it...anyone here know of a place that will ship CD's/DVD's to Canada? I would prefer a place here in Canada because it would be cheaper but anywhere will do.
    A quote from www.linuxcd.org
    Where do you ship CD ?

We ship this CD all around the world with very small shipping fees.
    Thanks for the link. I was thinking about ordering but since I can't use my modem with Linux and thus the internet, I will not be able to update and apt-get new software. I will probably wait until I get back to school (and broadband) to download it then.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Sarge is stable

My comments?

Someone complained about all those CD's? The (several thousand) packages are on them in order of popularity. So I've heard you really only need the first two CD's to get a fairly complete system. And of course you can apt-get whatever you lack.

But of course net-inst is easier if you have broadband and were just going to download the ISO's anyway, and if you're only installing on only one computer.

Someone asked how this changes Sarge. For one, it now gets official, timely security support. Also, packages will not be updated much, so it becomes very stable. If you want to stay bleeding-edge, use testing (Etch) or sid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4