Find the answer to your Linux question:
im puting windows on my comp and duel booting . i finaly got pissed off enough at wine to do it.../...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Today is a sad day...

im puting windows on my comp and duel booting . i finaly got pissed off enough at wine to do it.../

i like it when people say 'duel' booting, sounds like linux and windows have a big fight at boot time
    dual booting on the other hand....
    ive not had much success with emulation with wine either.
    good luck with the install!
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by cayalee
    i like it when people say 'duel' booting, sounds like linux and windows have a big fight at boot time
    ive had succes with wine, great success, ive been able to install steam, play cs, i can get the installer for wow working with steam (then it cant find cd), ive gotten guildwars working, whats reallly pissing me off is poor performance, i am a gamer, i sorta wana talk to my guilldies in world of warcraft (i think we hit 100 members)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Great to see that Wine isn't the solution for everyone . Getting Linux to work, no problemo, but Wine is giving me troubles . So I'm still dualbooting, but that's almost only for gaming.

Make sure you can boot from cd/dvd or floppy for your linux install, because Windows is gonna wipe the boot loader I think.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Linux User
    ive emulated several programs with wine and i <3 it, but the game play you get with it is piss poor

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by borromini
    Make sure you can boot from cd/dvd or floppy for your linux install, because Windows is gonna wipe the boot loader I think.
    yes i know, im gona use windows mostly, i do several hours of gaming daily

Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    Quote Originally Posted by cayalee
    ive had succes with wine, great success, ive been able to install steam, play cs, i can get the installer for wow working with steam (then it cant find cd), ive gotten guildwars working, whats reallly pissing me off is poor performance, i am a gamer, i sorta wana talk to my guilldies in world of warcraft (i think we hit 100 members)
    you got steam working with it?! good lad!!(-ette)
    now if only i could get 3d accel working on my ATI and i might have another bosch at it. i do feel dirty booting up in windows now....
    anyone had a go at wine-ing a game called X2?
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463