Find the answer to your Linux question:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4602325.stm...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'm starting to like Brazil...

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

But there are signs of nerves. In January, Mr Gates unsuccessfully sought a private meeting with President Lula at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

In a written statement, Microsoft's Brazil office told the BBC:

"We strongly believe that governments and computer users should be free to choose whichever software and other technology best meets their needs. But when all the costs and benefits are taken together, we think Microsoft offers the best value."

The statement adds that open-source software can entail hidden costs, for features over and above the basic operating package. Microsoft executives have also questioned the security of software whose source code is freely available.
    haha, i love the way microsoft have the bare faced cheek to question another OS's security when theirs is probably the worst OS possible for security! ah well, go brazil!!!!!! lets hope more governments around the world will go the same way and send bill and ballmer the greatest STFU message.
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

hahaha nice one, id love to see the reply leaked to reuters or cnn or something. the headlines would be ace!
    "worlds richest man told to shut the **** up by third world country"
    haha!

edit: think one of the links on top right of that page there is an article in which bill gates admitted he uses firefox, and then says "its just another browser" and "Internut exploder is better". nothing quite like a bit of hypocrasy eh?
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Overall, the government reckons it could save around $120m a year by switching from Windows to open-source alternatives.
    Now that is what I call a bargain.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

i think the US government should do this next.....
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used