Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I'm a new user Suse 9.3, so far I'm having a few problems with getting started, Had printer, sound & external usb HD problems. I was a Mac ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    fvs
    Linux Newbie

New User!

Hi All, I'm a new user Suse 9.3, so far I'm having a few problems with getting started, Had printer, sound & external usb HD problems. I was a Mac user OS X for the last few years and now I bought IBM ThinkCentre P4 with win xp pro, can't tell how good linux is yet untill I get everything going right. Win XP is runnig great on this machine so far.
    I'm a NY Met baseball fan, Hello to all. fvs

Linux Newbie

In Soviet Russia...

Quote Originally Posted by fvs
    can't tell how good linux is yet
    I think you misunderstand... linux tells how good YOU are!

Distros like SuSE really do a lot to help you configure your system. It's quite impressive, but there are just somethings you have to work on yourself, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves...it's not going to be like MacOS or even Windows.

welcome to the forum.
    it'll take some time to get everything to work right, you just have to stick to it. the guys here will surely help when they can, so not to worry.

i am very glad to hear that you are a NY Mets baseball fan...... I'm a Yankees fan, but don't really watch baseball. football is my sport of choice to watch. anyway, the only distros i have tried so far, which is going to change this week, downloading suse tonight, is fedora and knoppix. i am dual booting fedora and xp media center on my desktop and it runs great. easy to set up fedora, everything i have needed. although, i would like to try other distros to see which is my fav. i use knoppix for my laptop right now, until i learn a little more about linux. its a good choice for beginners
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used