Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Whoops, double post :/...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Whoops, double post :/

my problem is that kopete won't connect to MSN. it says i have given the incorrect password (which i know i haven't) and i can't seem to get gaim to work.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux User
    gaim is awsome, the best instant mesanger around by far

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    my problem is that kopete won't connect to MSN. it says i have given the incorrect password (which i know i haven't) and i can't seem to get gaim to work.
    yeah they screwed around with the servers as they do every now and again (to throw us guys off i assume) so just update it and your good to go.
    otherwise just get aMSN (http://amsn.sourceforge.net i think)
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    gaim is awsome, the best instant mesanger around by far
    Well, it's much better than kopete or any other 3rd-party messenger I've used, AIM has 4 distinct advantages over it:

1: Togglable timestamps. In GAIM it will just start writing or stop writing them, so you can't have them off, then turn them on for a sec to check a time. (what I like to do)

2: Flashing windows on the menu bar; very useful

3: The AIM buddy list stays where you put it and retains its size always, while the GAIM one resets every time you start it up. This is quite annoying.

4: Direct connect; quite useful

I do like how GAIM removes the AOL ads and general gayness, but the annoyances mentioned about do put AIM ahead in some areas.

Linux Newbie
    I love GAIM, I only use GAIM (even in Windows). I hate kopete and think it's crap.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10