Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by chris-harry I tell you what they should do, have a very small cd of Debian, purposly for all those with slow internet... like those with adsl (joke) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by chris-harry
    I tell you what they should do, have a very small cd of Debian, purposly for all those with slow internet... like those with adsl (joke)

just the minimals on it, like a light GUI, firefox, and the system itself...
    I think you have just described DSL (Damn Small Linux). It is under 50 Mb, has fluxbox as the GUI, firefox and dillo as browsers... Give it a shot.

I have never used Debian itself, but have used numerous debian based distros (mepis, knoppix, xfld, morphix, kanotix, dsl, ...) and I have a possitive opinion of all of them. If I was setting up a server, I'd go with the debian stable, for home use, the testing and unstable. I acutally use a few things from the experimental servers (xfce 4.2 for instance).
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    I managed to download DSL one day. Took me about 8 hours but i managed it somehow. I didn't care for the browser included though (I think it was dillo).

Dillo is usefull enough for a few things (I use it as a html plugin for my mail program, Sylpheed Claws). I imagine it's included in DSL for it's small size and footprint. If you install DSL, you can always apt-get whatever browser you wish.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2