Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just noticed something today that really gets on my nerves: CS professors that are mostly computer illiterate. Some of these CS teachers seem like they're scared of the computer...they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

CS Professors

I just noticed something today that really gets on my nerves: CS professors that are mostly computer illiterate. Some of these CS teachers seem like they're scared of the computer...they can't type more than 10GWAM and mouse around like they've never done it before. It's just so annoying.

/rantover
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Engineer
    CS = Counter Strike?

<confused>

CS = Computer science.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    It is worse when you are in an IT department and the only thing that support people know how to do is to reset the %PATH% variable in windows to fix something, then tell you to reboot - when you very well know it is a graphics driver problem! LOL
    I work with some people who are very good, programming and doing the business apps in general, but they can't type either, just the two finger kind.
    In fact, the best DBA I've ever known was a two finger typer.

Linux Newbie
    there are styles to typing? holy crap ... i think i might be one of those three fingered variations then. no four, i lost count while typing. i use the pointer finger on my right hand, and then the index, middle and ring on my other hand. does that make me some sort of freak??? uhh ... lol. i have no clue where that all came.

/me crawls into a cave and dies ... ded, d - e - d ... ded.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux Guru
    I've alway's thought people who type slowly don't spend enough time in front of a PC

Damn these non-geeks!

Jason

Try Dvorak! That makes typing a bit faster.

Linux Newbie
    i agree with you J, but I look at my brother who is a year younger then me, and he was the most out of defunkt way of typing i have ever seen, and for a g33k like myself, it annoys this piss out of me. he uses only ONE finger ... his middle finger. (something about my family and our middle fingers) The sad thing is that he is pretty quick with it now, although i still yell at him about it cause i still find it annoying.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Yeah...I've tried to yell at my sister a lot for not typing properly. And I think it sank in. I'm pretty sure that she types with her hands in the right spots. Gotta raise'em right!
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy