Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
KDE is really starting to get on my nerves, first they got rid of the extremely fast RISC-OS window decorations in 3.3, and now in 3.4 they selectively disposed of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KDE Did Something Annoying (Again)

KDE is really starting to get on my nerves, first they got rid of the extremely fast RISC-OS window decorations in 3.3, and now in 3.4 they selectively disposed of my two favorite Styles of all time, Marble and RISC-OS . If they keep sending all the eye candy to /dev/null we're going to end up with a clone of GNOME

Linux User
    You call that style? Those two themes are horrible looking.

KDE is garbage. There is a major problem with KDE, it's history. By introducing itself into the open source world with pay us is ridiculous which led to GNOMEs creation. And at this point note how all the popular or worthy applications are GTK. And it keeps going that way.

Just Joined!

KDE is garbage. There is a major problem with KDE, it's history. By introducing itself into the open source world with pay us is ridiculous which led to GNOMEs creation. And at this point note how all the popular or worthy applications are GTK. And it keeps going that way.
    Totally agree.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You're just trolling - who's interested in that?
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip

Please don't start one of those dumbass KDE vs. GNOME things. I cannot express how much I hate those, who really gives a damn anyway, they both look pretty much the same. And as far as I'm concerned, pretty much every theme other than the textured ones look the same, dull and boring. It might as well be Windows.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbackwardz
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip

Please don't start one of those dumbass KDE vs. GNOME things. I cannot express how much I hate those, who really gives a damn anyway, they both look pretty much the same. And as far as I'm concerned, pretty much every theme other than the textured ones look the same, dull and boring. It might as well be Windows.
    Well the problem with KDE is it's in QT. They do look kinda the same, but gnome is more simple. Oh and i feel kde looks more like windows, another reason i don't use it. I also don't like the apps for KDE, most of the apps i use re gtk/gnome ones. Everyone has different needs and tastes though. (Like my sister, she uses KDE and i use gnome blah blah)

Have you actually tried posting on the KDE mailing lists? You never know, you might get a good response, as to why they were removed.

Sounds like your the troll, your comment is not needed and it's not really wanted unless your going to say something constructive.

Just Joined!
    When you can't even rant on LinuxForums without getting flamed for it things are getting pretty patetic. Fsck it. Forget I said anything.

Linux Engineer
    If I've gotten it right, all KDE versions above 3.2 supports themes dating back to 3.2... Maybe you can just copy over the missing themes from a computer running an older version of KDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbackwardz
    When you can't even rant on LinuxForums without getting flamed for it things are getting pretty patetic. Fsck it. Forget I said anything.
    I apologise ... I wasn't really getting at you, just the comment about 'KDE being crap' - I don't agree, and I think that to say that doesn't help the Linux community. Please don't blow up my (perhaps rather silly comment) into something it's not

In the end it's just a matter of opinion about which desktop environment is the best. Why even compare them?
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast