Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
oh ya, i forgot about your internet. im,,, sorry. realy, i feel so sorry for you. i remeber when i was on dial-up. and it ws bad. but now with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

oh ya, i forgot about your internet. im,,, sorry. realy, i feel so sorry for you. i remeber when i was on dial-up. and it ws bad. but now with the ridiculus amount of bloat on the internet you cant hardly get anyhting done with dialup. especialy the videogame sites or comercial ones. but for me i just update overnight and install new things overnight.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Engineer
    I'm still waiting for the release of 2.2, in which it was promised that there would be multiple ISOs; one with KDE preloaded, one with GNOME preloaded, one with just the base system, one for server systems, etc. But it seems it's taken them a while to release it.

There was so much momentum in Yoper development not too long ago, it was like the Ubuntu of today. Now it's number 23 in hits per day and declining on Distrowatch. I suppose Yoper didn't have a whole lot to offer over other distributions, other than it was fast. And even then, it didn't outperform other distributions by a large margin.

Oh well.

Yoper did have a quick install and was fast, but I as others have also said, found it, well not necessarily buggy, but quirky, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by linkinp4rk410
    Yoper did have a quick install and was fast, but I as others have also said, found it, well not necessarily buggy, but quirky, if that makes any sense.
    Yes. To me some quirks are endearing and/or worth working around. Others aren't, so I move to another distro. It's been said before, but the multiplicity of distros in Linux is a strength IMO.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

would you say that yoper has died, or is there still a reason to be interesed in it.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

I loved Yoper. Worked great on my Laptop (PII 366 Mhz) and was blazing fast, that was before I got Gentoo loaded on my Laptop, and then Jedi.
    But I think what really has hurt Yoper was qub333 and my review and interview, respectively. It got slashdotted like twice in two weeks, and the servers just buckled under the volume.

I don't know enough about Yoper to declare it "dead". There are quite a few Linux distributions in the past that have completely dried up as far as I know, so those I can. Take a look at the bottom of the top 100 on Distrowatch to see a few other basically dead distros. As long as there's one person still interested in a distro, however, I wouldn't consider it dead.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2