Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
holy baby jesus crist! that is a sad sad thing. there are 260 pages in that list. the first 1.5 pages is all from just today. imshure i can fnd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

holy baby jesus crist! that is a sad sad thing. there are 260 pages in that list. the first 1.5 pages is all from just today. imshure i can fnd some iof my own questions in there. well. time to get to work.

there was one thing i wanted to ask though. do you guys bother toaactualy help people look up stuff and find things for them or do you just answer it if you can remember it? i know how to fix some of these problems already but i still have to go back to where i found the answer and check te correct commads and locations. anyone else bother to do that?
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin20
    anyone else bother to do that?
    Bother? I know there have been times I've spent at least 30 minutes putting together a reply. If you have the time and know how to resolve the problem, offer what you can. Of course people should do their own work, but sometimes it's best to help push the rock up the hill instead of just pointing in the right direction. A user can only read a HOWTO so many times before someone needs to share the secret.

IMHO
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

there was one thing i wanted to ask though. do you guys bother toaactualy help people look up stuff and find things for them or do you just answer it if you can remember it? i know how to fix some of these problems already but i still have to go back to where i found the answer and check te correct commads and locations. anyone else bother to do that?
    If a question has been asked before, I try to make a habit to *cough* and point them to the applicable thread. Same goes for the coffee lounge. If it's a quick simple fix (like type XXX and all will magically be well for you) then I just tell them.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

but would you go so far as to research for someone?
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Certainly. If I can't find the answer on the forum (which works 9 times out of ten) then I look for other websites that might shed some light on it. I do my most thorough searching when someone posts what I believe to be erroneous information. Haha.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Yes, plenty of times I've hit google.com/linux to find info on other peoples problems here.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

i usually only answer the questions i know, or jsut throw in my guess of what the answer would be as i am usually at work when i am on the forums and dont have my linux box here.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

hey i know! what about makeing some tutorials. whenever i do help someone i basicly write a small tutoorial. i think i like that.

Linux User
    Well, benjamin postcount isn't very important. The thing that matters is your knowledge and you should work hard to improve your knowledge. Just because someone has more posts than you doesn't mean that he's better than you.

Regards
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

ok, i get it. oostcount isnt everything. its just that for as long as i have been here i should have helped someone. because that is just what you should do. in order to keep the ballance. so having a low postcount ment that i havent been giving nearly as much help as i have been getting. an i hate to be one to keep takig and not giving. because its unballanced. look at all those unanswered posts. those should be answered. even if its a stupid or pointles question, it should have a post that it was a stupid and pointless question. so those of us that have been greatly helped by this forum should eventualy rise up and support it or else ot will just e one ultra long list of unanswered questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2