Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
didnt mean to call you arrogent but i was saying that it would be arrogent of use to think ourselves better than the masses who do not have detailed knowledge ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

didnt mean to call you arrogent but i was saying that it would be arrogent of use to think ourselves better than the masses who do not have detailed knowledge of computers and operating systems.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Yeah, fudamentalism sucks. I have to say, though I'm not sure how this will be received if a better system comes out with say better hardware support and community, then I would have no problem switching over. It's not about how I feel about linux and I do really love using it - but at the end of the day it's all about technical merit and I will go with the system that has the best combination of strngth, security, support, stability and of course where at all possible FOSS.

We can't have OS patriotism. I think it just promotes some kind of idea and not technical superiority, which is more important.

im trying to get this one guy to convert....i have been passing him live cd's for 2 years now......and still no luck.....though he did finnaly put knoppix in and liked the eyecandy... this shold take another 2 years...to complete
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I could have sworn this topic had been covered before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. The original topic was a bit more positive, but asked the same question....
    I'm getting that de ja vous feeling to.

I have given anyone who listened to me information and distro discs.
    I do not really want to 'convert' as such,more an attempt at showing people there are other choices out there,so they have a better,informed idea of what is available.

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I could have sworn this topic had been covered before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. The original topic was a bit more positive, but asked the same question....
    I posted one of these once.. I think it was at LinuxQuestions, not here though.

Sadly, I have not converted anyone to Linux yet but I have hooked several people onto Knoppix, does that count? Now I play the waiting game, once my friend gets an old Dell test box he has decided he wants to put Fedora on it so that's good.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Just Joined!
    I was showing my parents Knoppix when I first got into Linux recently. Dad was really keen to install it but I ended up deciding that it probably wouldn't be a good idea, considering they can barely use Windows But one day when I get time, I guess I could spend a few days getting everything set up and working (they have a lot of peripherals and whatnot) and make it all bomb-proof.

So I guess you could say I unconverted someone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4