Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hello I am a new linux user, as some of you may know(ive posted a few questions here and there). i was wondering if anyone knew of someplace i could ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

A place for newbs and leets alike...

Hello

I am a new linux user, as some of you may know(ive posted a few questions here and there). i was wondering if anyone knew of someplace i could go to interact with other linux users, other than msgboards and the like. im thinking possibly irc, or somewhee else where i can discuss linux with other users, in a more interactive, constant way.

i am still a very new user, and could flood every board on the net with my unending questions i still have about this OS, and i am beging to think the only way i will truly learn it is to have people that are able to constantly point me in the right direction.

"learn to google", you might be thinking to yourselves, i do google, but wow, sometimes i just encounter certain problems that usualy end in me reading X amount of documentation pages, often the same ol same ol without ever working my problem out.

i need specifics. i need to comunicate with people who have had similar problems and can help a brutha out

and as time goes on, and i become more comfortable with this lil os, i would be more than happy to help the new user navagate through whatever issues may come up in their everyday linux use.

is anyone a on here a part of anything like this? fill me in!

Re: A place for newbs and leets alike...

Quote Originally Posted by D_underscore
    Hello

I am a new linux user, as some of you may know(ive posted a few questions here and there). i was wondering if anyone knew of someplace i could go to interact with other linux users, other than msgboards and the like. im thinking possibly irc, or somewhee else where i can discuss linux with other users, in a more interactive, constant way.
    Well, you've pretty much described this forum you're on right now, but if you want more immediate interaction, this forum also has an IRC chatroom. Stay tuned and I'm sure someone will tell you the name of it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

There is a LinuxForums IRC over at #linuxforums on the freenode network. INFO
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    A good place to start would be finding a local linux user group (LUG). There's a list of registered groups here: http://lugww.counter.li.org/groups.cms
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    A good place to start would be finding a local linux user group (LUG). There's a list of registered groups here: http://lugww.counter.li.org/groups.cms
    We got two Linux groups here in NYC and damn they are horrible. You get these fat middle aged guys without a god damn clue.

there is a link at the top of this site that says 'IRC' that will take you into the linuxforums irc room.

http://www.linuxforums.org/irc.php
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Just Joined!
    wow i ALMOST found a group in my hometown. but no

if there would have been one here i woulda been happier than a pee-covered pig!

i didnt see any in jacksonville either. thats too bad. i woulda like that. uless they are a bunch of fat middle aged men without a clue.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Quote Originally Posted by D_underscore
    wow i ALMOST found a group in my hometown. but no

if there would have been one here i woulda been happier than a pee-covered pig!
    i dont know if that pig would be happy
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Just Joined!
    regardless of the feelings of the pig

ill probaly be floating around irc later tonite

thx all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast