Find the answer to your Linux question:
Interesting article - I bet money, by next year DELL is selling Intel based PC's with either XP or MAC OS TIGER ... http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24152 http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0506intelmac.html This article proves it is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

INTEL + MAC + XP

Interesting article - I bet money, by next year DELL is selling Intel based PC's with either XP or MAC OS TIGER ...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24152
    http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0506intelmac.html

This article proves it is clearly a win-win situation for XP and Microsloth.
    It would also appear that Linux is the odd man out with this collaberation.

Linux Enthusiast
    Steve Jobs talked about the processor change a few weeks ago! He was actually running Mac OS X under an Intel processor. He said pretty much the same things as the article... and noted that Mac OS will still not be able to load into a regular Intel based motherboard. I see the article says XP can be booted from a Mac motherboard, but it also talks about the Mac OS incompatibility with the XP based boards.

I'm sure they're only going into the Intel processors because Intel already has dual core processor out and IBM isn't even researching the possiblity for their PowerPC platform. Not to mention the 64-bit processors, which PowerPC doesn't have any either.

there is a ppc64. might be uncommon or something but i know they are there. apples excuse was that ibm wasnt able to produce enough chips for them. it is also highly peculated that the primary reason was that apple systems were far underpowered than there pc counterparts. especialy the laptops.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Engineer

Re: INTEL + MAC + XP

Quote Originally Posted by Salient
    Interesting article - I bet money, by next year DELL is selling Intel based PC's with either XP or MAC OS TIGER ...
    Seems to me that the manufacturers would key on this and make the necessary modifications to allow a user to run the OS of their choice on the PC. This would be nothing but good for the end user. Hell, at that point, I'd probably even break down and buy a new computer just so I could run Tiger along with everything else on the same box.
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Linux Newbie

Re: INTEL + MAC + XP

Quote Originally Posted by retired1af
    Seems to me that the manufacturers would key on this and make the necessary modifications to allow a user to run the OS of their choice on the PC. This would be nothing but good for the end user. Hell, at that point, I'd probably even break down and buy a new computer just so I could run Tiger along with everything else on the same box.
    Yeah, that would be nice. I havent tried OS X and it would be awsome if i could install it on anything. Or rather it was an option as an OS on a custom PC.
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

Linux Guru
    Isn't there a developer edition up on torrents that will let you run on standard boxes?