Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
everyone that is still in high school, always do your best. if you don't, it will come back and bite you in the ass. i just got off the phone ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

always do great in high school

everyone that is still in high school, always do your best. if you don't, it will come back and bite you in the ass. i just got off the phone with the university i wanted to attend this fall, and since my grades were so bad in high school i get to go to a community college for another semester. isn't that just great? *sarcastic* my high school gpa was a 1.85, due to lack of study time b/c of parties. this is pissin me off so bad. but, the good news is i after 6 more credits at comm. college, i can go to the university.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

I'd like to add that even after doing very well in high school, many very promising students drink their future away in college as well. Keep up that studious behavior in college!
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

well you could always be that guy that did great through callage and school but is too scared or lazy to get a real job.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I'd like to add that even after doing very well in high school, many very promising students drink their future away in college as well. Keep up that studious behavior in college!
    i took care of that already. drank smoked ate snorted etc my way through high school, now that i actually want to do good in school the f****s wont let me in. im so pissed.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Just Joined!
    I didn't go to a university.
    I dropped out of HS durring year 12.

I'm currently an IT Pro, doing very well for myself.

Of course, I busted my ass for the 4 years I would have been in college, just to give myself the same opportunities a college grad would have had.

My point is that HS is ultimately unimportant. But, your life might just involve a bit more work.

Have fun!

While I feel for you, I would have to say that you are learning a good thing early in life. I went to college right after H.S. and partied away and slacked. When I decided I wanted to get back on track, the school wouldn't let me back in because my GPA was too low (due to not withdrawing from a bunch of classes and getting fails for not showing up).

So, it was a lesson that I learned much later in life than you are. Take advantage of it and don't lose that motivation. While I agree that formalized education isn't everything, you might as well make a go at it while you are young and try to stay focused enough to complete your degree...

I don't have a degree and am doing well in my career. But, I have gone back to school to finish that degree and am just 6 months away from completion. Not that it is going to do much for me now, but it is something that I find important in a career to validate yourself to others. That, combined with solid experience will allow you to go anywhere!
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

I've read a really great article on this topic:
    http://paulgraham.com/hs.html
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Linux User
    i my freind, at 15 have been kicked out of my first HS and am not getting good grades, i kno c++ and several other programing langs... but i dont think its gona cut it... w.e if i screw up my life ill live in my parents basement my whole life... ggnore, i already host some servers, if i can get several more up i could be raking in some money

lol, nice one. well, i'm cocky about my schoolwork and don't study. we'll see if it's paid off come results day.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Enthusiast

Re: always do great in high school

Quote Originally Posted by jamey112
    my high school gpa was a 1.85
    And they let you graduate! You're lucky!! In my high school if you had less than a 2.0GPA you couldn't graduate.

Nothing wrong with community colleges, I work in one! Just don't mess it up there, or you won't be able to transfer out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast