Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite??

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Irish whiskey

5 26.32%
  • Scotch whisky

10 52.63%
  • North American whiskey

4 21.05%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
i like butter scotch... wisky... scotch... wine... fortified wine... cigars... honey... and vodka...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

i like butter scotch... wisky... scotch... wine... fortified wine... cigars... honey... and vodka
    GAH!!!

I prefer vodka

Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    scotch. burns the throat nicely on the way down.
    We have a thing down here called punchen rum, its not less than 75% alc. Some refer to it as fire water. guess why ?

I vacillate between the three...I'm more of a highland Scotch drinker than lowland or Islay (most of the Islays remind me of drinking a band-aid...lots of iodine flavor). My favorite scotch that I've tried so far is Johnny Walker Blue, but since it's ridiculously expensive (we're talking a couple hundred bucks US), I usually grab a bottle of Balmoral or Oban. My favorite bourbon is Woodford Reserve, and my favorite Irish whiskey is Black Bush (Bushmills makes the stuff).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    I'm from Tennessee originally and honestly, nothing is better than good ol' Jack Daniels Black Label...nothing fancy, no coke, no water, no ice, no shots, I just enjoy a good glass of whiskey after work while playing with kid!

I'm also a member of clan MacPherson, so when I drink Scotch I drink Cluny...I know its rotgut, but hell, its clan-made
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Clan Buchanan here (on my mother's side; I'm almost entirely French-German, though). I don't know of any whisky affiliated with my clan, though.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Engineer
    I think that Buchanan's Scotch might be, you could check the label for your crest or Tartan, make sure though that you look for hunting and dress tartans, which differ somewhat.

Never seen Buchanan's here in North Carolina...I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Engineer
    No problem, its hard to find many scotch's it seems in the carolinas, I lived in Spartanburg for awhile and found that to be the case. I found it on google though, so you may want to check it out, happy drinking.

We have a decent selection here in Raleigh-Durham, but some of the more "obscure" brands just don't make it here. Since we have the government-controlled ABC stores, it's also a bit harder to get specialty orders.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Engineer
    But you do sell on Sundays!!!I've had to make a few trips for beer across the N.C. border when I ran out on saturdays

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast