Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng ^^ wow, this kid's got it all down... he forgot to mention that "they are rich so they are evil" but i'll let it slide... this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    ^^ wow, this kid's got it all down... he forgot to mention that "they are rich so they are evil" but i'll let it slide... this time...
    Sounds like you didn't get the talking points memo. We don't mention that they are rich. Remember we want to look buisness friendly. MS just is evil, there is no explanation needed.... it is an axiom

seriously, what do you see as the advantages (or strengths) of .net? Most of what I hear appears to be propaganda on both sides (ie .net will cause the earth to implode or .net will cure cancer)
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

heres a question that ive heard answeres to but never actualy understood. wtf is .net? why do we need it and who benifits from it? did microsoft actualy make it or did they just copy everything there was before and put a e-based name on it? how much does it cost and how many 3rd world country children died because of it?
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    seriously, what do you see as the advantages (or strengths) of .net? Most of what I hear appears to be propaganda on both sides (ie .net will cause the earth to implode or .net will cure cancer) :?:
    Let me second that question. I've been using Linux exclusively since before I heard of .Net, so I'd very much appreciate an objective discussion of .Net vs. Java. I don't know if such a thing is possible, but I would very much appreciate hearing it.

I had a breif read on .net the other day its an API for developing so called rich web apps http://www.microsoft.com/net/ I didnt read much into it just what it is according to them (an ASP replacement I think?).

Linux Newbie
    I hate Wintendo XP because it's the mother of all SPYWARE ! !

How dare they spying on me after I paid good money for their product ?

hehe, i love a bit of windows bashing in the morning...

windows doesn't deserve to be more popular than linux but, as budman7 said, it gives a lot of people jobs lol
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Slip
    There is a number of great things about Microsoft software, most people who bash Microsoft do not have a clue what they are talking about and have no real IT experience but whatever they hear on IRC. Windows has actually a great deal to offer, most kids are simply not aware about the features because that would actually require some learning and understanding.
    kids mostly bash windows because of insecurity and instability. they also get hacked off when MS press releases critisise linux in an unfair and untrue way. and a lot of people dislike MS business practice, including most people on this board.

i just read the MS article on .NET and it seems to talk about stuff that is already possible. linking accounts to stocktaking seems like something a lot of businesses already do, without the help of .NET. correct me if i'm wrong but that is advertising absolutely nothing special at all.
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Slip
    There is a number of great things about Microsoft software, most people who bash Microsoft do not have a clue what they are talking about and have no real IT experience but whatever they hear on IRC. Windows has actually a great deal to offer, most kids are simply not aware about the features because that would actually require some learning and understanding.
    kids mostly bash windows because of insecurity and instability. they also get hacked off when MS press releases critisise linux in an unfair and untrue way. and a lot of people dislike MS business practice, including most people on this board.

i just read the MS article on .NET and it seems to talk about stuff that is already possible. linking accounts to stocktaking seems like something a lot of businesses already do, without the help of .NET. correct me if i'm wrong but that is advertising absolutely nothing special at all.

Linux User
    im on a windows comp right now, im using Windows Black Box, very nice, looks like... <3, im duel booting this, yoper, and openbsd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2