Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
i am using the pro version and i dont think there is anything different cause when you install it all it is, is a basic install with kde you have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

i am using the pro version and i dont think there is anything different cause when you install it all it is, is a basic install with kde you have to install the rest on your own its jst that it has all the cd's full of software you only need the first 2 to do an install. other then that i havent seen anything that would make it different that i can tell anyway but then again i have used the personal version either.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Newbie
    Well my upgrading and maintaining pc's instructor was nice enough to hook me up with a 3.2GB HD today. Nothing great but its something that I will be able to install Linux to. 3.2GB should be big enough, right?

it will be minimal, but yes it should go.

Linux Engineer
    i've got the pro version of suse 8.2... i'm not sure what the difference is between the two..
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

I think its the amout of software that comes with it, and the support deal you get.

Linux Newbie
    Well this idea was shortlived. I have the HD and it works. BUT, I only have places for 4 IDE devices. The guy at the computer place said a computer can only hold 4 IDE devices. I didnt know that, or dont even know if he was just putting my chain. But, it means that unless I pull a HD or CD drive that I cant hook up this last HD. I might decide to just go out and put a bunch of cheap left over parts and build my own little computer, JUST for linux

Just Joined!

linux machine specs

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwheelz
    Well this idea was shortlived. I have the HD and it works. BUT, I only have places for 4 IDE devices. The guy at the computer place said a computer can only hold 4 IDE devices. I didnt know that, or dont even know if he was just putting my chain. But, it means that unless I pull a HD or CD drive that I cant hook up this last HD. I might decide to just go out and put a bunch of cheap left over parts and build my own little computer, JUST for linux
    That's kinda what i did for my linux machine ... it's only a p3 550 with 512 RAM and a voodoo3 3000 ... it runs a lil slow in my opinion but it's fine for now ... when i UP my primary comp to a 3 Ghz ... my linux machine will become my athlon XP 1800 w/. 1 gig of RAM ... im sure ill be happy with the speed output of that monster lol

Linux Engineer
    after reading some of these posts about people's machines and seeing system specs in signatures:
    I WANT A NEW PUTER!!!
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Dont we all

Linux Newbie
    here here. I've been wanting a new one too. I even browsed Ebay for a few days. they have some really great looking computers for uber cheap ... but that leads me to be untrusting.

Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast