Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
well, it's 4:38a EDT... i'm in need of sleep, but i want to work more on the gentoo install... argh.. it's so addictive, yet so detrimental to my mental health... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Sleep? What's that??

well, it's 4:38a EDT... i'm in need of sleep, but i want to work more on the gentoo install... argh.. it's so addictive, yet so detrimental to my mental health... maybe i just need to up the amount of coffee in my blood more regularly

Linux Guru
    the words of a true geek... Join the club

Just Joined!
    Amen! It's 5:38 am here and I've been knocking off serious cups of Kool-Aid!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    yea ... what is it about being "geeks" that causes us to stay up until early hours of the morning? before i got interested in the inner working of my computer which led me down this oh so wicked path, my butt would have been in bed by about 10 nightly. lol ... but now i am lucky if i am in bed by 4 or 5.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

im still in bed by 10:30-11:30 everynite but i need atleast the 6-7 hours of sleep i get which isnt enough but then again maybe i am trying to do to much but really its not that much. working 26-30 hours a week and pulling in 13 credit hours hat school. but that is a really low number of credits im used to 16-18.

but now when weekends come now thats a completely different story im up till all ends of the nite.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

To function, the human body only needs 4 hours of sleep a day. Of course you're better rested after 8+. I think that being a geek is a perfection of the balance between sleep time and waking time...we walk a fine, caffinated line between those two...and we're all the better for it!
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    The sad thing is that when i sit down at my computer late at night I am more creative and can think more clearly. i think thats cause during the day there is just too much going on around me and im always wanting to go outside to play hacky sack. im like a little kid with that thing. :-\

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Man...I wish I had someone that lived around me to play hacky sack with....
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie

I would probably die if i didn't have hacky sack in my life. well not really cause i have soccer, but hacky sack is just so much fun i have found. plus ive gotten pretty good at it too. i think the keys are colleges and small towns full of teenages with nothing better to do. *nods*

Linux User
    At my last job, there were a couple of us that would regularly (like a couple times a day) move chairs out of the way and take a hacky break. What a great stress reliever!

Unfortunately, I think it would be frowned upon in my new client site...
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast