Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
hey guys ... i thought some of you might enjoy reading this forum over at deviantart which clearly shows the difference between Linux and Windows users. i laughed all the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

MS user Ignorance

hey guys ... i thought some of you might enjoy reading this forum over at deviantart which clearly shows the difference between Linux and Windows users. i laughed all the way through cause the people for linux used calm and decisive examples for the arguments, while the windows users made crazy assumptions and tried to start fights. Enjoy ... i know i did.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux Engineer
    what's the URL to it, Quickdraw? if you posted it, i can't see it..
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Just Joined!
    Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:34 am
    it's early, let him wake up

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    no! he must answer my question now! or else....
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Man...waking up is overrated...just learn to live in a state of perpetual half-sleep.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Engineer
    one could always rely more heavily upon coffee and other legal stimulants.. i myself prefer the coffee route.

Linux Newbie
    haha im sorry guys. i didn't even realize that. these early mornings are slowly killing me!! not really ... but yea. here is the URL

http://forum.deviantart.com/os/unix/102105/

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux Newbie
    and yes ... i was tired and in an extreme state of anger at those people's blatant ignorance and stupidity. i have a short temper when it comes to those two kinds of people.

I just visited that bulletin board... Didn't realise anyone could get so steamed up about Bill Gates and Windows! I switched to Linux because I built my own box and couldn't afford Billy's products anymore (and I'm not a college kid, I'm a grown man with a place of my own and a day job). I have no particular point to make here other than to say, I don't need Windows anymore... I'm running 3 distros off a couple of h/d's. I don't think, if you've used Windows for a while, it's too hard to switch to the penguin.

I liked the rabid support for capitalism as well. I've never really trusted it, but I don't trust many 'isms'. Even Richard Stallman suggests trying to make money out of Linux... He just doesn't agree with greed: no thinking person should go down that route

IMHO I think the whole OS system debate is a bit overdone and very hormonal. You can smell the testosterone in that bulletin board - anyone ever meet a female Linux user? If this depresses you, remember... Even Hitler had a girlfriend.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

I've met one (1) female linux user. And one other girl that used to have BeOS on a box at home.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast