Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Donít think this one has been asked yet. What mobile (cell) phone do you have? What would you say is the base one youíve ever owned? I got a nokia ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mobile (cell) phone

Donít think this one has been asked yet. What mobile (cell) phone do you have? What would you say is the base one youíve ever owned?

I got a nokia 6630 on Sunday. Great little phone. And the bluetooth connectivity works fine with Linux. I love the smartphone features.
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

I have Nokia 3650.
    I got a cd full of all kinds of fun applications for it few months ago, still haven't tried them all.
    One of them for example makes it run Ngage games and it actually works (well my phone runs out of memory with some of those games)

A Samsung X460 - It's very small No bluetooth, but I can see the possibilities in a big way.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

This is the closest thing I could find to it, mine has a blue faceplate instead of a black one. It's a pretty old Nokia (bought it a year ago, and even then it was the cheap model) but it fits me quite well
    Registered Linux user #393103

Linux Guru
    A Motorola A925. I'm really not too happy with it, primarily since it's running Symbian, which I have found to be a less than satisfying operating system. I got it really cheap, though: The phone, extra memory card and bluetooth headset for 600 SEK (around 75 USD with today's exchange price). It would normally sell for around 10 times that price.

I really wish I could get my hands on one of those neat Linux phones, though. Then I could actually do something with it. The way I see it, what's the point of having a SmartPhone if you cannot extend it easily?

US - Nokia 6015i (Verizon)
    GSM - Samsung SGH-X600A

The Samsung is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

sony ericsson T100. just your basic phone, nothing fancy but it works quite well.

Just Joined!
    I am the proud owner of a Sony Ericcson P910i that I must say is the dogs bollo??s. With handwriting recognition it is as good as a PDA with a phone and probably runs more apps. it is a little on the large side though.

Currently I own a Sony Ericsson z1010, nice phone, comes with the works bluetooth, memorystick expansion, IR, mp3/video player, video call, no handwriting feature, wifi or whatnot, only drawback is that is it is bulky.

Best phone I've owned is the classic Nokia 5110, that one has outlasted all my other phones and I expect it to outlast my current SE phone. It has been ~10 years since I got that phone and it still works great, I still sometimes turn it on to play classic snake.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    I really wish I could get my hands on one of those neat Linux phones, though. Then I could actually do something with it. The way I see it, what's the point of having a SmartPhone if you cannot extend it easily?
    Does it mean the phone is hackable, but i think they only realesed thouse in east asia. Not in europe *sobs*.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast