Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
My computer is possessed!! well ... the speakers at least. i set it up in my hotel room last week so i could do a few things on it and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Possessed

My computer is possessed!! well ... the speakers at least. i set it up in my hotel room last week so i could do a few things on it and listen to my music i had. but the oddest thing has happened ... when my speakers are on, i hear a radio station coming through slightly through the speakers. and when i turn the speakers off the station turns off. its weird as heck ... but mainly im ticked cause it makes me mp3's play all funny like and weird warbled. i hope its not permanent.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux Newbie
    oh and yea ... the hotel went retarded on me and has blocked me from dialing out of my room so i can't use their phone lines for the internet. thats just extremely rude and inconsiderate.

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Thats crap! How can they refuse you that? Have you talked to the manager there?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    she was the one who told me about it. said something about it being a safety risk in case they needed to call my room to warn me of a fire of something.

jerks. last time i ever stay at this hotel ... when i leave of course.

Tell them that you will sign a contract or something that doesnt hold them responsible if a there is a fire, or what other lame excuse they come up with :P

Linux Newbie
    are you using external speakers? its probaly picking up interference from a radio nearby. my guitar amp does the same and it also picks up washing machines, drills and loads of other stuff. its from a wire not being insulated enough... it will go away when the person stops using the raido.

either that or you had a radio going and you didn't notice ^_^
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by mad_red_hatter
    its from a wire not being insulated enough
    More from not being shielded enough from other strong electrical signals in the air.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    yea they are external speakers, nice speakers too ... that could be it. i wonder if i moved the comp would it still do that. i kind of think its pretty cool now. but still an annoyance none the less.

Just Joined!
    this guy from my schools hearing aid picked up the radio FM aswell

Linux Newbie
    LOL. that reminds me of times on tv when they try to show some guy listening to a NFL game while at church by using an earpiece. that'd be a little too much for me though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast