Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: How long do you keep the same wallpaper?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 day, I have randomizer on!

0 0%
  • 1+ weeks

4 12.12%
  • 1+ months

15 45.45%
  • My wallpaper survives reformats

14 42.42%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
I got bored so I made a linux desktop. Suggestions/comments/flames would be appreciated. When I get a nice wallpaper I tend to leave it for a while. However, I like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Wallpapers

I got bored so I made a linux desktop. Suggestions/comments/flames would be appreciated. When I get a nice wallpaper I tend to leave it for a while. However, I like change. Hence my interest in Linux from Windows. Anyway post your wallpaper if you feel like it as well.

Also, I get bored a lot. Do you think I should look into getting any wallpapers I make hosted? Or is it just okay and we'll leave it at that.

Image Link

Just Joined!

Re: Linux Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by serum
    I got bored so I made a linux desktop. Suggestions/comments/flames would be appreciated. When I get a nice wallpaper I tend to leave it for a while. However, I like change. Hence my interest in Linux from Windows. Anyway post your wallpaper if you feel like it as well.

Also, I get bored a lot. Do you think I should look into getting any wallpapers I make hosted? Or is it just okay and we'll leave it at that.
    hi,

that is nice but then wat is that centre part.??

Thankz

Just Joined!
    Thanks, accilies

The center part is a biohazard sign. I was drawing random things then I wanted to make something like a skull or radioactive etc. Once I was done I decided to throw some linux logos in. Its relevance to Linux depends on your imagination.

I didn't vote, I don't use wallpapers

Linux Enthusiast
    I change mine only when I first install the OS and then I'll keep it for almost ever.

I didn't vote either...it has been a long time since I have seen a gui desktop...CLI all the way:)
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

I'm lazy, so unless the default wallpaper that comes on a distro I install is just awful, I tend to keep it. I don't really pay much attention to my desktop otherwise. It's generally covered up by a Firefox or Eclipse window or not visible behind a fullscreen game anyway.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krendoshazin
    I didn't vote, I don't use wallpapers
    Because you do not use a GUI or you just pick a colour?

Quote Originally Posted by bidi
    I change mine only when I first install the OS and then I'll keep it for almost ever.
    I know how that is. I use two now (maybe mine I made ). One for linux and one for windows and I think they're good. The windows desktop has the penguin sucking out of the juice box, yeah you've all seen it haha. But, I edited so it doesn't say "We suck more, guaranteed!"

Quote Originally Posted by deek
    I didn't vote either...it has been a long time since I have seen a gui desktop...CLI all the way
    What's that like? Black screen and white text? Did you gradually change to that from GUI? Or you were always a natural?

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I'm lazy, so unless the default wallpaper that comes on a distro I install is just awful, I tend to keep it. I don't really pay much attention to my desktop otherwise. It's generally covered up by a Firefox or Eclipse window or not visible behind a fullscreen game anyway. Wink
    Haha. Yeah, I know somewhat how that is. See, I've never really had a "leet" desktop with different icons etc. Most of the time I don't like the set up. It looks nice but I don't like where things are. So I keep default. The wallpaper is the closest I come to my dream LoL.

oz
    forum.guy
    I keep whatever background/wallpaper I use for long periods of time... might even say in terms of years.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozar
    I keep whatever background/wallpaper I use for long periods of time... might even say in terms of years.
    Lmao, I was thinking some of you might say that. That's why I created the "My wallpaper survives reformats". Even though you may not reformat, I think it's the same thing. If it survives multiple reformats, it's with you for life, LoL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast