Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by NeoSNightmarE Sounds like a good setup. I'm looking into buying another rig myself. I would get something like that but the HDD is a little small. You ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSNightmarE
    Sounds like a good setup. I'm looking into buying another rig myself. I would get something like that but the HDD is a little small. You should think about getting something like an 80...but that's just imo.
    uh... i just said i had a spare 80 gig lieing around...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSNightmarE
    Sounds like a good setup. I'm looking into buying another rig myself. I would get something like that but the HDD is a little small. You should think about getting something like an 80...but that's just imo.
    uh... i just said i had a spare 80 gig lieing around...
    oops. It's kinda late and I had a long day. My bad.

Linux Guru
    I have an 80 GB SATA in my workstation, but I haven't even partitioned all that space (I have my 20 GB Gentoo partition and another 20 GB partition to try other distros on). I just happened to be the smallest SATA drive I could easily find.

This is, of course, not because I'm not using more than that, though. However, since I want to use my /home directory on all my computers, I use a NFS server to serve /home to all of them. The NFS server has 630 GiB of space (gotta have room for all that anime).

I really like an NFS setup. My only gripe with it is the lack of security in NFSv3, but I'll be switching over to NFSv4, hopefully sometime soon. Since I'm already using Kerberos on the network, it will have really nice security.

Linux Newbie
    my dream motherboard is Abit IC7 MAX3.............this probably will influence my next processor ......... Intel or AMD
    regards,
    ordoni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2