Find the answer to your Linux question:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech....ap/index.html .... *gasps* can anyone translate this here article so it can make sense. and i still think Billy has Slack or Gentoo running on all his computers at his ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Billy Gates and Linux???

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech....ap/index.html

.... *gasps* can anyone translate this here article so it can make sense. and i still think Billy has Slack or Gentoo running on all his computers at his house and in his office.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Just Joined!
    hehe. basicaly it says microsoft is working with IBM in developing an open standard for web commerce that will run on linux and windows

Not only Linux and Windows, but all OSes...so they're basically looking to set a standard for web commerce similar to java. Something OS inspecific.

Now M$ supposedly *does* have a Linux computer lab or something thereabouts at the HQ in Redmond...just for research purposes, of course...
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    personally i can see bill gates running linux on his personal computers cause anyway you look at it he is still a computer geek and prolly loves the challange. he is jst like use except he pushes windows and not linux.
    but thats my 2 cents
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Just Joined!
    I'm sure they have that linux lab so they can find ways to use linux features in windows

(fast user switching, anyone?)