Find the answer to your Linux question:
It has been 14 hours straight since I tried to attempt a Gentoo stage 3 no wonder people allow a whole weekend for a stage 1. At this rate once ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

A new record for stupidity

It has been 14 hours straight since I tried to attempt a Gentoo stage 3 no wonder people allow a whole weekend for a stage 1. At this rate once I have installed it I will never remove it - I just hope it is as good as people say.
    Thank God stage 3 is the easier one.
    At least I seemed to have learned a thing or two.

It does take time, but it is heck of a fun thing to do, I spent ~34 hours installing a stage1 the weekend before my GCSE exams started, and it was fun all the way, and I have yet to have a crash...which is better than I had with Slackware 10.0
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Guru
    I installed a stage 1 on my 233 MHz laptop a while ago. I think it took around 5 days.

Of course, the really nice thing with Gentoo, as opposed to, for example, Fedora Core, is that, as you say, you never need to reinstall it. Ever. (Fedora Core occasionally needs to be reinstalled to upgrade, for example. At least I, for one, have been having some serious trouble with the inter-release "upgrade" function of FC.)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close