Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Hey Guys .... I am an Ozzie and this is how I see it. 1. Your government (like ours) dont tell us stuff cos a group of angry lower educated ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hey Guys .... I am an Ozzie and this is how I see it.
    1. Your government (like ours) dont tell us stuff cos a group of angry lower educated people with pitch forks, scyths and burning sticks, scare the bejesus out of them, and they would rather put up with Judges and jail that an angry mob with good knowledge of knots.

2. The way I read this is that they wont touch a book unless it is red. When we prefer to read from books with blue covers, they think we are different. The information given is the same, just comes via a different carrier. To move from this is wrong, socially. You should not allow "ACCEPTANCE based on a singular presentation!!!".

3. Buerecrats need to keep themselves in jobs, so they can go on holiday etc. Without them we would not have ....um .....er .....yknow ...that thing .....with the ....thing ....

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon8
    That's like saying you can't hand deliver your copyright docs unless you're driving a Lexus.
    If browsers were cars, IE would be a motorized apple cart dragging the naked, hog tied user across the bottom of the Artic Ocean backwards. As much as I don't like Lexus, no car deserves that comparison.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon8
    That's like saying you can't hand deliver your copyright docs unless you're driving a Lexus.
    I thought that was already the case.

apple and microsof bth have there own copyright offices on campus.

Just Joined!
    I saw this on one of my RSS Feeds, and I as outraged that the Copyright Office, of all sites is going to do this! Well, I know it's not offical yet, and it better not be!

Anyways, I guess if it does happen, you can boot into Windows and use Netscape 8.

Linux User

Re: sounds stupid

Quote Originally Posted by timothypir2
    ps STOP calling ms a monoply linux has %37 would wide and kiks windows @$$ anytime (well sometime... Well ocationaly..ok I admit windows is better)BUT ms is still not a monopoly and think about apple and sun and all the others.
    A monopoly is defined as a market share greater than 25%. Therefore, Microsoft has a very definite monopoly on the desktop market as well as the server market. In addition, this is clearly not intended as a Microsoft-bashing thread, so

I'll return you to your normal programming.
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Linux Guru
    apple and microsof bth have there own copyright offices on campus.
    Maybe someone should call Apple and tell them where theirs is....http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...411878,00.html
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
    ps STOP calling ms a monoply linux has %37 would wide and kiks windows @$$ anytime (well sometime... Well ocationaly..ok I admit windows is better)BUT ms is still not a monopoly and think about apple and sun and all the others.
    A monopoly is defined as a market share greater than 25%. Therefore, Microsoft has a very definite monopoly on the desktop market as well as the server market.
    Umm... Wouldn't that make Linux a monopoly too.

Linux User

Quote Originally Posted by geek635
    Umm... Wouldn't that make Linux a monopoly too.
    Yeah, as an OS, in the server market. But consider how many different competitors there are within the Linux market, there may not be one of them that has 25% of the total market share.
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

in the free exchange of ideas that should be the copyright offices they should allow use of certain dominate browsers IE, Firefox, Mozilla and Opera and a text only based browser. interoperability should be something they strive for but then again the government is ran by the lobbyists.

as for the monopoly thing maybe that has changed a bit. on the server market Microsoft has almost no market share. its the dekstop they dominate and even there they microsoft machine has lost ground. btw i am surprised this hasnt been locked yet due to the M$ sucks tone of the M$ is a monopoly talk.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Linux User
    We're not saying MS suck, we're just stating the fact that they have over 25% of the market share and are thus a monopoly.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast