Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is it possible to make Firefox the default web browser instead of Konquerer? (Sorry, but I just don't like Konquerer's format :P ) If so, please lemme know. Thanks...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is it possible to make Firefox the default...

Is it possible to make Firefox the default web browser instead of Konquerer? (Sorry, but I just don't like Konquerer's format :P )

If so, please lemme know.

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by aysiu
    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/15675.html
    Ok... I went there... Using Mandrake 10.0 btw...

The default browser option is NOT there. I am not sure if it is because I am using a different distro or not, but I don't really think so, as I think Firefox is Firefox no matter what OS you are using, be it Windows, or one of the various Linux distros such as debian, SuSe, Redhat, or Mandrake.

Everything else however looks exactly the same as the screenshot.

Thank you for trying though.

If any others out there can help, it would be much appreciated, as is this valiant effort that aysiu made [/u]

Well, obviously, you're not using SuSE but:

1. Select SuSE > Control Center.
    2. Select KDE Components > File Associations.
    3. In the Known Types list, expand text and then select html.
    4. In the frame titled Application Preference Order, select Firefox and then select Move Up.
    5. Select Apply to save changes.

should apply to any KDE desktop. Instead of SuSE > Control Center, you obviously go to Control Center via a different route.

If Firefox isn't in the "Application Preference Order," add it.

Also, what happens when you launch Firefox and go to Edit > Preferences > General? It doesn't look like that screenshot?

Just Joined!

Re: Is it possible to make Firefox the default...

Quote Originally Posted by BriteLeaf
    Is it possible to make Firefox the default web browser instead of Konquerer? (Sorry, but I just don't like Konquerer's format :P )

If so, please lemme know.

Thanks
    You can replace the command that the panel button executes by right clicking on the panel button and then choose "Properties" from the context menu that pops-up. Click on the "Application" tab. Click on Command "browse..." button
    locate firefox (Usually in /usr/bin or in /opt/firefox/bin) and click on the open button. A faster way to locate the app is to do use the command "which firefox" and putting that path into the command line. Note tou can pass options on the command if you wish.