Find the answer to your Linux question:
TechieMoe has some valuable information in his linuxforums signature. I read a lot of his reviews. I applaud him for his dilligent work and opinions on the different Linux distros. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

TechieMoes' reviews

TechieMoe has some valuable information in his linuxforums signature. I read a lot of his reviews. I applaud him for his dilligent work and opinions on the different Linux distros. I find quite a bias with RPM based distros. As most of you know I am a slackware user. I like the fact that it isn't a RPM based distro, but as TechieMoe points out it is a medium to advanced user distro. I find that RPM based distros are a bit slower than non-RPM. I wanted to point out one more fact about slackware. .tgz is kind of like an rpm except for the most part it is built for slackware, so most of the time there are no dependency issues, and the only times I have ever had issues with it; it was related to an obscure hardware that I was using.
    For the most part I wanted to thank TechieMoe for spending his time checking out so many distros and giving us his opinion. There is a lot of good usefull information, and I advise anybody to take a gander if they are considering changing to a new distro. I wish he was a little nicer in the slackware dept. but maybe I am a little biased there too.

Good Job TechieMoe
    Thanks,
    Mike
    AKA: adrenaline
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Much obliged. I guess you're lucky your favorite distro isn't Linspire, as I was much less forgiving with that one than Slack. Haha.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants