Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Nihilanth Post count's aren't a big deal, It would just be nice to have something other than 'just joined' under my name. As I've been here for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth
    Post count's aren't a big deal, It would just be nice to have something other than 'just joined' under my name. As I've been here for 2 month's or more, at this point. I got 100 post's the day before they got reset.
    there are two ways to get a high postcount:

1) learn linux and help lots of people or
    2) have lots of problems with linux. choose the most problematic distro and post lots of topics about it
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    Post count's aren't a big deal, It would just be nice to have something other than 'just joined' under my name. As I've been here for 2 month's or more, at this point. I got 100 post's the day before they got reset.
    there are two ways to get a high postcount:

1) learn linux and help lots of people or
    2) have lots of problems with linux. choose the most problematic distro and post lots of topics about it
    Three; there are three ways to get a high postcount:

3) Come into the coffee lounge and talk gibberish for two or three hours a day.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff
    Three; there are three ways to get a high postcount:

3) Come into the coffee lounge and talk gibberish for two or three hours a day.

Posts in the Coffee Lounge no longer count toward postcount (and I'm glad they don't).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I don't know why it can't say 'Newbie' instead of 'Just joined'. Maybe you should have a green penguin to indicate Noob status
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Linux Engineer
    Before, there were 'races' to reach the next penguin, and topics were opened just because of that - like the topic starter apparently was doing. You could consider it a kind of 'spamming'...

I completely support the decision of not counting Coffee Lounge posts anymore.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Quote Originally Posted by borromini
    I completely support the decision of not counting Coffee Lounge posts anymore.
    So do I, though I've lost a lot of post counts! They don't matter to me at all.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

With the fact that Coffee Lounge posts don't count the penquins and 's will mean more.

Linux Engineer
    I lost 100+ on a total of 750+. But I don't mind. Maybe people will learn to post their Windows topics in the dedicated forum, instead of putting it in the Coffee Lounge, for which it's not intended...
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Quote Originally Posted by borromini
    Maybe people will learn to post their Windows topics in the dedicated forum, instead of putting it in the Coffee Lounge, for which it's not intended...
    Actually, I'm hoping people will learn not to post Windows topics at all. That is not the purpose for which this forum is intended...
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2